Chapter Seventy-Four

Michael POV...

I walk closer to her bed to give her a hug. I sit on the edge of the bed. She pulls her body up and hugs me. She grabs me closer, her chest heavily moves up and down. Next thing I hear is her muffle sobbing on my shoulder. She sobs and sobs over and over. It's like my heart is being ripped off my chest. I caress her back as she sobs. I rapidly snatch the tear of my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I just... He shouldn't leave me all alone like that. He's the only person I have that I can tell everything to. He just leaves me. How could he do that? I'm so upset at him but how can I tell him. I'm..." She breaks into yet another sob.

"Come here. I'm so sorry baby, but it's going to be okay. And you have all the right to be mad at him. But, I'm pretty sure he'll want you to take care of yourself." I kiss her hair. I exhale her sweet vanilla scent.

"Mom, what the hell is going? Why is your bank account so empty? What the hell is going on?" Someone from the other room shouts loud enough for us to overhead them.

Viviana quickly pushes the cover off herself and run outside the room. I'm not sure if I should go or stay. So, I stay plant in the middle of the bedroom.

"Grandma, what is he talking about? Is everything alright?" I hear Viviana asks from the other room.

"Everything's fine baby. Just your uncle is making stuff up." Their rushing steps propel me to follow them. Their fight sounds really serious.

"Stop it. I'm not making anything up and you know it. Your bank account is empty and so does daddy. And not to mention the big hospital amount bill that just comes in you guys name. How are we going to pay for all of these debts? Not to mention daddy funeral. What the hell am I going to do." Her uncle, Mat says. He's panicking. And so does everyone around here.

"Please just calm down everyone. Everything's going to be fine." Her grandma whispers. She's not even sure of what she's saying.

"Mom no it's not." Mat says as he waves some papers.

"Let me see." Viviana extends her hand to take the paper from her uncle.

As she reads the paper she looks at her grandma. She opens her mouth to say something but closes back.

"Grandma, wh__whats going on? I don't understand, uncle Mat is right. What happened?" Vivana asks her grandma. Everyone in the room is anxiously waiting for her response. And surprisingly so I am.

"Nothing. I'll take care of it." Her grandma says before she walks at the kitchen.

"Grandma how? Just tell us what happened? So, we can help in whatever way we can, please." Vivana follows her in the kitchen.

Her grandma looks at everyone before she begins to sob. And Viviana rapidly hugs her.

According to her grandma, her husband has borrowed a loan to start their own business but failed. So, they paid the loan back. And the rest of their saving money and some of their life insurance money went to Viviana school. Right now she's trying her very best not to explode with rage.

"Grandma, why are you lying? You can't be serious? You guys, none of you ever come to visit me or call me except grandpa of course. I graduated, I sent you the invitation but none of you show up. And now you're telling me that you paid for my school. I have a full ride scholarship, grandma. So, stop blaming me for your money problem." She says.