Chapter Forty

Viviana's POV...

     And before I could prevent it, I drop the glass carafe full with water. I didn't have to look his way to know he's watching me. Embarrassment flows over me. I rapidly kneel on the floor trying to pick up the shattered glass.

       I hear his urgent step coming near me, I don't dare to look at him. He grabs my arms when he gets closer to me making me stand up.

      "Are you stupid? This can hurt you." He shouts. His voice fills with concern. He takes a minute before he let go of my arms.

    "Just get the damn broom to clean up your mess. If you were paying a little attention to what you were doing instead of listening to my conversation, you wouldn't break my damn thing. Clean it up." He shouts the last sentence with rage. I jump. What's his problem?

     I clean the floor from any shattered glass. God knows I don't want to be on the wrong side of him this morning. Though, it didn't prevent him from yelling at me. At least I've tried. After I came from buying the glass carafe, I make his coffee. Which he didn't even drink.

     "Come to my office now." His voice snaps from the speaker. Not wanting to make the highness wait. I head to his office.

       Every time I see him, The picture of how perfect he and his girlfriend are together. My throat dries up. He's rich and she's rich. That's a good combination. At least none of them have to worry about whether or not the love is real or if it's just for the money.

          Mr. Wright places the pen he was using in the table before he hands me a little pink card adorns with flowers. I steal a glimpse at him. I open my mouth to ask what to do with it. But he looks at me upset and says. I don't even know why he's so upset this morning.

       "Buy a bouquet of rose and send it to this address." He hands me a new paper with the address in it. I simply nod.

        Really?  He wants me to send his girlfriend roses. Really?  He's such a jerk. He said he wanted me last night. And you rejected him. Yes, I did. What was I suppose to do, sleep with him? And anyway, obviously, he didn't take him long to find a replacement.

      I swallow to wet my dry throat. With my heart pounds inside my chest, I walk away. But his voice pulls me back inside.

        "You can go home, I sent you a list of name that you have to find out about them. There's this party we're going to tonight, some of them will be there. And I'll need you to remind me about them in case I forget something." He says.

       Not turning my attention to him I reply. "As you and I?"

      "That's what I said, wasn't it?" He snaps back at me.

        I walk out. Once I got into my office, the itch to read the card is really overwhelming. I resist. But I don't know for how long, this temptation is so so heavy. When I take the card from the desk where I place them. I heard the beating of my heart. It's not like he's going to know that I read it anyways. I lock the door, in case he walks in my office without knocking and sees me reading his love letter.

       I hold my breath while opening the little card that reads: Sorry for leaving last night, I hope you had a wonderful night. I know I  did. But, if not I'll make it up to you tonight. Kisses, Michael Wright. I roll my eyes.

       After ordering the flowers, I gather my belongings together and head to my car. I have to find a dress to wear for this party tonight.

          As I'm driving, my mind drifts to what the little card says. He says see you tonight and he told me we're going to a party tonight. Is she going to be there? I mean not that it matters, but I need to know. Why?  You're going there as his PA, remember?