Chapter Twelve

Michael's POV

I can't fathom the audacity of Miss Laurent. How dare she? All thoughts flowed through my mind, sending the same sensation I had. The first day, she stood her ground and called me out at the nightclub.

Everyone in the lobby is looking at me. I think they're just frozen. I would if I were them, the way miss Laurent talked to me. It's unimaginable. I'm tired of being nice to her.

I'm so tired of playing around with her. She perceives this job as if it were a game.

First, she came to an interview with an attitude that didn't match her words. She told me she didn't need my job. Yes, I know. I'm the one blocking her opportunity to have any jobs she wants. But that's not the point.

The point is she doesn't take the job seriously. She came to work late. She interrupted my meetings. She's screwing my competitor. And she's disrespected me in front of my employees.

I'm not mad. She's right. If she is such a screw-up employee, why not fire her? I didn't think about fired her without talking to her about it. But now, I know she wants me to fire her.

After she blows up, I take a deep breath and walk to the elevator.

Everything inside me was yelling, shouting, cursing at me to fire her. But there's this little part of me that wants her here—working for me. Although this voice is small. I swear, it yells louder than my whole angry self.

Instead of walking straight to her office and firing her. I take a deep breath. Walking to my office, I mean the little voice is right. Fire her won't be in my interests.

Fire her, she'll go straight to her boyfriend and have a job. And her life will be all sunshine every day. And nobody wants that. So, I'll keep her here until I drain all the water on her body.

The moment I heard her voice coming outside my door. My body was tense—my whole body was tight. I don't know why a small part enjoys seeing her yelling at me. I bet it's because no woman apart from my mother yelled at me.

She was mad, all right. She was angry, but her eyes only held sadness and tiresome. I bet she wants to leave. I bet she thought I was going to fire her.

She enters the office, holding a white envelope in her hands. When my eyes stumble into the envelope, she conceals her hand behind her back.

I already know what's in there. She's crazy if she thinks I will accept her resignation letter that easily.

She comes to apologize for yelling at me. Such a soft and pathetic person. After dismissing her apology. I sent her fetching me some coffee, ignoring that I ever saw the letter in her hands.

I swear this board will make me go crazy. How hard can it be for them to find something that will stick so I can get the deal? Signing, I go over the documents for a third time.

I want this deal. I want to have the best football team at my feet. They're good. They never lose a game. So, if I brought the land instead of Alex, my company would sponsor them. And as their sponsors, I'll have the last words when discussing money.

I roll my eyes at the interruption coming from my vibrating phone.

"What's going on Cece?" I hear my sister let a frustrated sigh out.

I love my sister, but today, I don't feel like going into the same thing over again.

She's having difficulty coping with letting my parents be a parent for the moment. She's angry at them. She said it was time to act like the parents she always wanted. It's over.