Chapter Thirty-Eight

Michael POV...

       "Wait, you mean, you drink at the point where you didn't know you were at her house? Man, are you serious? You know you're not supposed to drink like that." James says as if me drunk is the only problem in this damn story.

       Okay. Yes. I had some problems with alcohol in my younger year. Heard that, younger years. I'm a grown man now James. Get over it. I wasn't an alcoholic. So, if I want to have a fucking drink to get over the fact about this lust feeling about miss Laurent is killing me, then that's what I'm going to do.

       It's been a lot harder to push down this want to just do miss Laurent. It becomes an obsession. My mind will just give me a flashback of her innocent face. Her pink lip. Or the way she bites her nails when she's nervous. Damn it.

      This morning at work. No, the entire weeks that she didn't come to work was a disaster. I didn't accomplish anything. Not a  fucking thing. I couldn't concentrate on anything. I thought it was just the need to have sex. So, I had sex with a beautiful, sexier woman than miss Laurent will ever be. But, nope. Nothing. Still, want her.

        The last time I saw her was when I dropped her at the hospital. I want to go see her so bad. But, I don't feel it's the right time now. Especially when my employees believe that we're having an affair. Visit her at the hospital would be so weird and confirmed what they're saying. And I don't want that.

       Instead of going there, I always send Abby to go and checked for me. All five times I gave her hours off to visit her, she always came back and told me she's doing fine.

      When my mind pushes me back to a memory of her, I'll suddenly become overwhelmed and anxious. In a good way, though. It doesn't hurt or anything but I want it to stop.

        I can't stop thinking about her. Not like an infatuation. She'll pop in my everyday life just like that. Like the other when I was buying my lunch. Suddenly, I find myself stop to think about how she would look like buying my lunch. The worst time is usually in the morning while I'm getting ready and at night before bed. She has to go.

       "I think I'm gonna accept her resignation letter," I tell James. James shakes his head as if that isn't a good plan. He swallows his shot of tequila.

      "That's not a good idea. Remember what I told you, you let her go will be the worst thing to do. You said, you being sexually attracted to her doesn't have anything to do with love, right?" He says. I nod. He raises his hand to get another shot.

       "Okay. So letting her go without having sex with her. You know to release the urge, then nothing gonna change. At the end of the day, you'll still have the same urge. So, play nice, be a gentleman and have sex with her and move on." James says.

      Everything he says is true. But nowadays I'm becoming this new soft guy. Whom I don't like by the way. I don't think this guy will let me do that.

      "But what about her? In case you don't pay attention, she's a really sensitive person, you know. She seems like the type of girl that sex means something to them." Fucking shit. I sound like a priest. James brows raise as if he didn't believe I said that. Nor can I. What the hell?

    "Uhm okay father Wright? Anyways since when do you care about her feelings." James asks.

      "I don't," I say, down the rest of my beer.

     "It doesn't sound like it." He says smiling. I want to pop punch this stupid smirk on his face so bad right now. Instead, I down the rest of my beer.