Chapter Thirty-Seven

Viviana's Pov.....

            I've already attempted to stand up three times to go to the chapel in the hospital. But my heavy head doesn't like this idea, so I sit outside my dad room. It has been two days since I am at the hospital, my dad is in the coma. So, I cannot convince myself to eat or sleep. Especially when it's my fault.

      Perhaps if I didn't go to my boss house, he wouldn't be here in this coma. I should have listened to him. He was right. Why did I care for what could happen to my boss if he drove home by himself? I push the idea that I slept with him in the back of my head. Groaning, I stand up with my fingers snatch the tears way of my visage.

        I missed my job. Yeah, surprising. I know. But for some reason I do, a lot. I've never seen Mr. Wright after he drove me here the other day. But, I've talked to him once since I am at the hospital.

          Abigail came to see me here yesterday, and she told me that Mr. Wright asked how was I doing. Though, she wasn't saying that she believed I slept with Mr. Wright in a formal way. But I can see that she thought it, especially when she was telling me how Mr. Wright has been asking for me every second. So, I told her to not tell him anything. He knows my number if he wants to know he can just call me.

          I know that he and I don't have anything more than a working relationship. But, as a human being, he is supposed to understand my pain. So, call me once or drop by the hospital will be appreciated. Alex did every day. No, of course, I don't want more than working relationship with him. I like Alex. So, I don't want anything to jeopardize the chance for a relationship with him.

            Not so long ago, I was going to resign from my work. But, here I am stuck to hell with all these people degrading me as the gold digger, the slut, the whore and all the ugly name you can think of. And now I don't have a choice. With the spending in my dad condition, the money I was saving for his legs surgery is gone. I just have to stay and endure these names calling.

            With my head spinning, I hold the wall closing my eyes preventing me from seeing the rotating object at the room. jumping at the tender touch in my shoulder, I smile when I see who is it.

               Mrs. Johnson closes her eyes, her long gray hair calmly rests over her good shape shoulder. Her eyes are battling to stay open, the black under her eyes making it hard for me to look at her. All of that is because I didn't listen to my dad when he forbade me to go out.

        "Where you going?" she asks me, taking my hand to help me sit in the chair next to us. She exhales. She places her hand in her waist looking at me tired. "You need to eat something, please," she begs, squatting in front of me. So, she can have a better look at my exhausted visage.

        "I am good, I am not hungry." I lie. How can I eat when my dad is in the coma. He is not eating, I don't even know if he is even sleeping. "I am just going to the chapel." I run my hand over my legs which are itchy. Yeah, I showered. I just don't want to take a long shower. I want to be here when my dad wake.

           "You need to eat. You cannot just drunk coffee to stay awake and not eating. What? You think it's going to be good when your dad wakes up and that's the same time you going to coma yourself." I frown at her long breath holding statement. "Oh yeah, that's going to happen if you don't eat." I want to laugh but I cannot. I kiss her forehead while standing up.

"I am good, I promise. I'll eat something later." I walk away before she can say something to make think about eating. I want to eat, I love eating but I just cannot eat anything right now.