Chapter Thirty-three

I don't do that very often but today I think it's necessary. I love you guys so much, in two weeks guys my readers goes up to 6000 something.  Which means, 2000something of you guys read my book in just a week. I'm really grateful and appreciate that. That's why I'm updating this new chapter today. Because that's the least I can do to show you my love to y'all.  So, enjoyyy 😍😍😘.

          **********************

Viviana's POV...

      "You're resigning? Why are you resigning?" He says walking towards me. I take a step back. And he chuckles. He's really really handsome. Dang it. I hear my heart pounding.

        "Because everyone in here are talking about me. And say things that aren't true." I explain to him. Why is he asking me all of the questions?

       "So, what? You talk about me. For example you say I'm arrogant and a jerk. You don't see me fired you for that because it's not true. So that shouldn't be a problem for you to resign over." He says. He's getting closer and closer. What is he doing? Why is he being so close to me?

       I attempt to take a step back but the table behind me doesn't like the idea. I grip the table trying to get away or whatever I'm doing. Because there's no escaping him. He closes the little space between us. And my legs weaken. Oh my God, what is he doing?  That can't be happening. Not now. We're in a middle of an unsolved situation about this. What is he doing? Why is my heart pounding so fast?

        "Are you scared of me miss Laurent?" He asks. His voice so loud yet sounds like a whisper.

        "No, no. Of course not. I_I_I'm not." I whisper. I won't surprised if he didn't hear what I said.

       "Is that why you're trembling with fear." He whispers. His mouth is so close to mine I can smell the freshness of his mint gum.

        "No, not with fear." I say. Dang it. Why I say that. Thank God he simply smiles.

        "With what then miss Laurent?" He whispers to my lip. I try but I can't prevent the moan that escapes my lip.

        I open my mouth to say something. But nothing comes out. He stares at my eyes for a minute before he changes to my lip. He closes his eyes for a second. Chuckles, he distances himself to me.

        "You can't resign. Go read your contract. Even if you're resign,  you're still have to work here for a month. So I'm sorry." He says. I simply nods walking out of his office.

       I can't say no more with my raging hormones. I hate him so much. Okay, maybe not. I don't understand how I hate him. Correction, I don't understand how I dislike him but want him at the same time.

        This bath doesn't do anything to relieve the pain from my heard right now. Everyone in the company thinks I am a gold digger. Sleeping with my boss for a position. I can't bear the look at everyone eyes in the office. So I thought resigning would've been smart. But, my boss isn't having it. Which makes me really want to find out what happened.

        I've been searching my memory for what happened but nothing. All I can remember is:

        "No I'm sorry, I'm tired right now." I told Alex over the phone marching with my bags swinging back and forth. Alex has been asking me out for like month but I wasn't into it. Once I get to his office, I stopped planting my ears over his door. He was mad for the entire day. I wanted to know if he was okay or not.

        "No...well yeah, I love you." He said laughing. I rolled my eyes I never heard him laugh that hard. I wondered who was he talking to, none of your business that's who, my inner goddess snapped at me.