Chapter Twenty-Eight

As my chauffeur drives me to my night club like I asked him too. My throat is slowly close. I need a good drink now and fast. I need to stop making a big deal about what Cece has said. She doesn't mean it. She will never mean asking me to stop calling her or look for her just because she wants me out of her life.

Once the car stop in front of the club, I enter as quickly as possible. There's a lot of amateur journalist outside wanting to ask me why I leave my father's party. Not wanting to say something that's going to explode tomorrow news. I make my way inside.

I make it to my usually booth, I don't see James around and I don't give a damn. James didn't go to the party tonight since he has this big party he's planning for Marcus O'Connor. It's a big deal for the club so I allow it. But I'll break Marcus neck in a heartbeat if he comes near me tonight. I'm not in any mood to deal with his bullshit.

I didn't have to raise my hand to get someone attention. The girl clothes in a sexy nurse outfit walks towards me holding a tray.

"Hello Mr. Wright. What can I get for you tonight?" She smiles. Still not wanting to believe Cece request, I loose my red tie.

"I'll have two dry whiskey please." I say.

I look to my vibrated phone to see multiple missed call from Mom. Not one from Cece. She's supposed to call me and tell me she didn't mean any of what she said.

"Hey Jen, can you bring Mr. Wright a glass of water please?" I hear James says.

My blood rises. I need a drink or the monster in me will make it's presence in this place. And believe me, it doesn't need a dry whiskey to burn this place to the ground.

"James I need this fucking drunk man. Come on, just one, I need it man." I'm begging.

That's my nughclub. Who he thinks he is to tell me what can I do or not. James slides into the booth across me.

"Hey talk to me. What's going on? Aren't you supposed to be at your father's party?" He says smiling at one of the guest tonight.

"I don't know. I'm tired man, so tired of every fucking things. I thought it was my job to keep everything in control, you know, my business, my family. You know all my life I learned how to make believe. It's my fucking job to make people's decision if I see they're acting stupid. And everyone, everything in my life right now are acting stupid. And.... And... Damnit."

I toss the table next to me away Making everyone run out of it's way.

"Okay. Okay. Come on." James guides me into his office. Once I get there my tension decrease a little.

He gestures me to sit at the couch next to him.

"What's going on man? No bullshit."

I take a deep breath. I feel my life is falling apart. But again someone else will ask what life? I'm thirty six years old and the only things keeping me up at night is the desired to down a bottle of whiskey. Or battling to come with new plans to keep on getting richer.

"It's Cece. She asked me to stay out of her life. She's going to marry this idiot man and there's nothing I can do about because she forbids me to stay out of her life. Can you believe it, forbidden me." I tell him.

"Oh." He replies. That's all. That's all he has to say. Oh? I came here for that. I can't drink my problem away for that. Oh? Is he fucking kidding me?

"You're sure that's all that's bothering you?" He says. What does he mean? Yeah, that's all.

I look at him. He looks at me puzzle. Like there is something he knows that I don't know. What's going on?