Chapter Eighty-Two

Viviana POV...

I slowly untangled my body from Michael's on the bed. His gentle face holds worry while he slept. Don't you suppose to look happy when you're sleeping? Sleep should be a way to escape. This doesn't apply to me, I know. But, it shocks me that it doesn't for Michael either. And I couldn't blame him. He's broke because of me. Right now, he can't go back to work because of me. He gave everything to Derek because of me. Some people would feel happy but I'm not.

Every time I close my eyes I lose the advantage of ever being myself again. It hurts. But, I can't really keep them open either. Because doing so means that I have to look at Michael's desperation to gain his money back, his company back, his lifestyle back. And there's nothing I can do about it. His preoccupation now days are my safety, my safety, and his gym. Perhaps he did truly love me. Perhaps he made a mistake by doing all he did to me in the past.

Perhaps now I need to forgive him, in fact I know I need to forgive him. But I can't. I want to move far away from him. I want to forget about everything. How I wish I could just go back in time and changed everything.

This time I would've left the nightclub with my fingers drying his saliva on my lip. This time I wouldn't do anything, I wouldn't disrespected him. This time I would've just taken his disrespect without fighting back. I close my eyes to recall the memory of our first encounter.

"Babe, you seem like you need to keep your job. I suggest you keep it this way." He challenged me back.

He was so cold. I would've bet my existence that this man didn't have a heart. Yes, I needed this job but I'm not going to let him win.

"Yeah, I need this job but I'm not going to let a jerk like you disrespect me in any way."I said.

"Don't push me. You're really pretty trying to make yourself feel better about this crappy job. But I can assure you. You'll be prettier when I get your ass fired. And just so you know if you were a little more classic I would have paid you a night to screw you just to show you that I don't have a vagina under my penis. But, I don't think my erection will be exciting for you." He claimed my lip with power, with no permission which left me breathless. He walked away. This bastard just walked away.

I grabbed his elbow. The next thing I was able to hear was the sound of my clout. He crunched his lips, for a moment I thought I would see blood. He fisted his hand with anger. Perphas that was the sign that I needed to kneel down and begged him for forgiveness. But I didn't. And now I guess that's the punishment I deserve for this crime I've committed.

I glimpse at the opening door, my heart pounds between my chest. I quickly extract my sight from his. Michael is holding two cups, and a blanket lay on his shoulder.

"Here I brought you some cocoa and a blanket, it's kinda cold outside." He extends the cup of cocoa to me.

"Thanks." I say after he squats down to wrap the blanket on me. I don't look at him. His finger pulls my chin up so I can look at him. And I did. His lips brush against mines. He does it for about three times, waiting for a response from me. But I don't give any. I can't give any. I don't feel anything.

"I want to move out." It's been weeks since Michael moved me here at his house. It helps with me losing my baby, and with my therapy session. It really helps. But I need to move on. He needs to move on and I feel like I'm ready to forget everything that happens to me.