Chapter Sixty-Two

Michael POV...

I look one more time at my watch, it says 10:15. Seriously? It's literally an easy decision but they have to take a whole fucking day to make it. And now I have to miss Ms. Laurent dinner. I'm really looking for it.

"Are you guys going to agree on a decision or I'm going to leave this room without one?" I rise from my seat waiting for an answer. Instead of a response, they all are looking at me. Frustrated, I walk out of the room.

When the car comes to a stop in front of the hotel, I run into the elevator that takes me to my floor. Hoping that miss Laurent will still be at the balcony. The longing to see her on my balcony send joy to my most private parts. Hurry, I slide the key to my hotel room. And my body collapses with a small frame. Rapidly my hand flies and circle her waist to steady her balance.

Her soft gaze meets mines. A smile greets the corner of my lip.

"You're still here? I'm sorry I had to miss your dinner. I didn't know the meeting will take that long, did you eat?" She smiles at me. She walks back into the room.

"No. I wasn't really hungry." She bites inside of her lip. She's lying. But, I decided not to make a deal of it.

"Okay. So will you do me the favor of eating with me." I ask and she nods.

Minutes later, we almost finish eating our foods. She eats a lot for someone who wasn't hungry. I didn't say anything to her though. In the last couple of months, I become really fond of company. She doesn't talk much, but when she does. She says something. She rather listens than to talk. I'm not used to that. Usually, my company will talk my ears off. But, with her, I'm usually the one to start a conversation. Like I'm going to right now.

"So, miss Laurent do you like my gift?" I ask her. When she was heading out earlier she didn't have the gift with her. Which can only mean one thing, She didn't like it.

"Uhm, yes. Thank you for the gift. It's really lovely..."

"But..." I cut her off.

When my aunt told me about her birthday and how happy she was when she saw the necklace at one the store they went to. My instant thought was to buy it for her. My auntie couldn't afford it but I could. So, I went to the store myself and bought it for her.

I turn my attention to her, her glance changes to an apology one.

"I did. I love it. But, I can't accept it it's too much. It's really expensive." She says.

"But not for me. I only buy it because Caren said you love it when you saw it. So, please accept it. I'm begging you." I beg. Damn it.

She smiles at me before she nods. She opens the box and runs her fingers through the necklace as they are some hiding secret behind the necklace.

"Th_thank you very much." She says between sobs. And I couldn't help but hug her.

"You're welcome. Thank you for accepting it." She smiles. She dries the tears running through her cheeks.

"You wanna tell me about the secret of the necklace." Her eyes meet mine. She downs the rest of her wine.

"Its no secret really. My..." Her voice cracks up. Right now I feel bad for asking about it.