Just like me: phan pt78

*Phils pov*

The time we spent in that park flew by so quickly it was as if it had never happened. I didn't want to leave, I didn't want to move on to the next thing, because I knew after that I would be gone, and after a number of days, not sure how many, maybe 100, maybe 1000, Dan would forget, and I just couldn't bare to think of that. 

I began to wonder what type of place they'd be moving me into. It made me feel sick just thinking about it. I didn't want to go to a new school, this year would've been my last anyway. When I turned 18 I'd probably move back...And then I could be with Dan, and we'd be happy finally. It was then that it occurred to me, that maybe we wouldn't be apart forever

'I turn 18 next year' I mumbled. 'You think they'd let me come back?' 

I watched Dan's facial expression change from content to a gleaming smile in 0.5 seconds.

'I turn 18 next year too...they don't have control over you so...I mean, yeah, right? Like...' He turned his head to the side, and creased his eyebrows. 'Don't come back here...I'll come to you' 

'Are you sure?' 

'What do you mean "Am I sure?'" Of course I'm sure' Dan laughed, 'I never thought I'd leave this town'

'So that's a year, right?' I smiled.

'One year...Yeah, and we were thinking it would be forever' He smiled up at the sky.

'It might feel like forever' I sighed.

'It's like forever in dog years' Dan noted.

'Do you think you'd be able to move to London?'

'I'd move to fucking Africa if it'd mean I'd get to be with you again' He laughed.

'Will you forget me in a year?'

'Are you serious?'

'Yes'

'Would you forget me in a year?' He raised an eyebrow at me.

'Not in a million'

A smile spread across his face, his dimple showed, his pink lips parted to reveal his gleaming white teeth, and I remembered I'd only have access to this perfection for a limited amount of time. The hours ticked by like minutes, and the minutes felt like seconds, so I guess I just wanted make most of the time we had, I dove forward and our lips met. I didn't care that we were in a park, I didn't care about anything, because after this we'd be 12 months apart, which I guess was better than forever, but time ticks by slower when you're all alone. 

We kissed on the picnic blanket for a while, until we both needed to breathe and had to pull apart. Dan looked up at me, before biting his lip. 

I turned to see a group of kids from our school, they were in our year, and were staring at us, some of them snickering.

'Take a picture, it'll last longer' Dan spat at them.

They walked away, and muttered to each other. I was proud of Dan for standing up for us, he was finally accepting himself for who he was. However, this was going to affect Dan more than it would me, because I'd be moving out of this town, but he wasn't. Dan had to deal with the repercussions of what had happened, and maybe...he'd become the new 'faggot', which was the most terrifying thing in the world.

'Isn't it Monday or something, shouldn't they be at school?' Dan asked.

'Shouldn't we be at school?' I remarked.

'Oh yeah...Oh god, my dad will understand I think...I hope...it's our last day, there's no way in hell I woul-

'I know Dan it's okay, I'm sure it's fine' I smiled.

'Do you want to go back to my house now?' Dan murmured.

'Sure' 

'Do you want to start talking now?' He said even quieter.

'Yes' 

We packed up the picnic gear and headed back to the car, hands clasped together. We didn't speak until we were seated. Dan had his head tilted down to the ground.

'W-where do we begin?' Dan stuttered.

'Eating disorder, Self harm, adoption...' I trailed off

'Bullying, depression, suicidal thoughts...' He continued.

'Why are we so...'

'Fucked up?' Dan laughed. 'I don't know, I guess it's good though'

'In what way?' I questioned.

'Well this is what brought me to you' He smiled. 'It's like you said, we fit together, because you're just like me'

A small smile appeared on his face and I leaned over to kiss him.

'But no really where do we start?' He asked, a concerned look on his face.

'Least important to most important' I nodded.

'Okay...I am going to be so fucking sexually frustrated when you go' He complained.

'Okay but seriously Dan' I giggled.

'Alright well, what's least important to you?' He asked.