Just like me: phan pt72

*Dans pov*

I didn't want it to stop, but like most things in life, it did. This was possibly the best time of my life, and I wasn't going to waste it. I wasn't sure if it was going to get any better, but we still had the rest of the night and tomorrow, I hoped that would prove me wrong. 

I slowed down the car and we pulled into a small opening. We had past the bushy, overgrown forest area and we were now in a part of town I could only describe as nothing. Because there was literally nothing there, nothing but sky, ground and us. It was fucking beautiful, and it was all ours for tonight. I would've stayed out there forever if we didn't have people who would look for us, people who would worry. I guess neither me, nor Phil had ever had people worrying about us before, they only ever worried when everything was perfect.

Phil turned to me, his face was barely illuminated by the car's soft light, but you could still make out some of his most prominent features. It made me happy to see him in the dark, mostly because some of our most precious moments had happened in the dark. I turned the car off and the silence hit my like a sack of bricks. Maybe this was how quiet it would feel without Phil.

'What's next?' Phil asked softly.

'I didn't really plan this part out...but how about you grab some of those blankets and follow me' 

*Phils pov*

There was nothing there, absolutely nothing. I had no idea what Dan was going to show me, but he hadn't gone wrong so far, so I trusted him. He got out of the car and took the duvet, along with some of the blankets. I followed, taking my blanket and two pillows. As I got out of the car I felt the cool breeze of fresh air hit me once again, it didn't feel like this back in town...maybe because nothing was there to stop it here. I looked around to see if I could see Dan, panic immediately set in when I couldn't find him anywhere.

'Phil!' I heard a familiar voice shout from behind me.

I looked to find Dan sat on top of the car grinning widely.

'Come up' He smiled.

I passed him the blanket and he laid it on top of the car as he had done with the others, he then placed both of the pillows next to him and reached a hand out. I climbed up on the hood of the car, clumsily stepping until I grabbed Dan's hand and managed to clamber the rest of the way before falling flat on my face an the top of the car laughing.

'I like this' I grinned.

'Me too' Dan whispered.

Dan handed me a pillow, before taking one in his own hands and lying down. I lay down next to him, bodies squished together on the roof of a car in the middle of nowhere. 

I tilted my head up, and for 1 split second my heart stopped. Stars, nothing but stars, filled the sky. My eyes darted from star to star, looking at each and every sparkle that was there that night. And as I turned my head to see Dan smiling up at the same sky, I knew, this is what love looked like.

'I-I' I tried to talk but I couldn't get the words out.

'Shh' Dan whispered, reaching out his hand and taking mine in his. 'You don't have to say it'

I smiled him, tears welling in my eyes. I knew that we were both thinking the same thing, how lucky we were to be in this mess, how we never, ever wanted to leave. Dan looked over at me, before both of our attentions were caught by a burst of light coming from the horizon.

'Look' Dan marvelled. 

I looked to see a shooting star crossing the sky at lightning speed.

'Make a wish' He whispered.