Just like me: phan pt61

*Phils pov*

The scariest part was when I thought I'd lost you.

I knew this would be hard for Dan, not because he was telling me, but because he'd have to talk about it in general...I guess I'd have to as well at some point, we really did need to figure out what exactly had happened and we really needed to process the information without the cloud of emotion over our heads. I hoped making the omelette would take some of the load off the conversation, but I guess it hardly helped, nothing really would. We both just needed to suck it up and talk it through, or we wouldn't get anywhere.

I pulled a seat over from the other side of the bench, deciding that cracking eggs would prove difficult if I was holding onto the kitchen bench the entire time. Dan stood still a painful expression on his face.

'Dan...' I sighed, pulling the chair up next to him and sitting down. 'C'mon now' I began cracking eggs into the plastic bowl and waited for him to talk, I had really done all I could do to help him through, and now it was all really up to him.

'I'm sorry' He croaked. 'I just zoned out for a second there...um...I'll start again' He nodded, taking an egg in his hand and cracking it into the bowl. 'I guess I came back from the hospital a few minutes after you had gone, in fact, I must have just missed them leave...'

He shivered at the memory of it all, I reached a hand over and rubbed the small of his back, so he would feel more comfortable.

'What did it look like? Did they leave anything?' I asked, cracking the last of the 6 eggs into the bowl. 'Dan, do you own a whisk?'

Dan pulled open a drawer behind him, got out a whisk and handed it to me. He then squinted his eyes, thinking back. 'Well...'

He looked like his was going to be sick, and I wasn't really helping. 'Dan, it's alright if you can't talk about it right now okay' I murmured while whisking the eggs.

Dan shook his head. 'No, it's not, Phil you talk to me about basically everything and I can't even tell you about one simple event...You're so much braver than me, I'm sorry it's just really hard for me to do things like this when the memory makes me feel physically ill'

He sighed looking down at the bench, I felt so bad for him I wish I was the one who had to talk. I knew what would've really helped in this situation, the bravery lion. It helped every other time. But we didn't have the bravery lion, it was still in the car at the hospital.

'I'd give you the bravery lion if I had it with me' I huffed, placing the bowl and whisk down. 'Unless there's something else that could help?'

Dan looked up from the bench a small smile peaked up on his lips.

'I could hold your hand' He blushed, you wouldn't have guessed the stuff Dan had been through when he acted like this, he seemed so innocent, I guess you could say the same for me. We were both hiding from what our past could make of us.

I smiled shyly and held out one of my hands. 'Wait could you pass me a frying pan?' I asked.

Dan released his grip on my hand and opened up a different cupboard to the last, pulling out a large black frying pan with a metallic handle. and putting it on top of the stove behind me. He then grabbed the oil on the bench and poured a spoonful into the pan, before turning the gas on.

'Bring your chair over here' He smiled, and I got up off my chair, pulling it over next to the stove and sitting down.

Dan walked back over to the bench to get the eggs.

'What do I do now?' He asked, cluelessly holding the bowl of eggs in one hand.

I laughed.

'Just pour them into the pan, and make sure its on low heat' I giggled.