Just like me: phan pt50

*Dans pov*

We limped our way through the front door, the heating was on so it pretty nice inside. Not many lights were on, only a few lamps, and strip lights across stairs, which gave the walls a yellow tinge, and the room, a dim atmosphere. Phil sat on the couch in front of the fire, probably relieved to get the pressure off his knee, and to finally be somewhere warm, I couldn't imagine what he'd been through. 

'Your house is amazing' He gawked while looking around at the stair case, and expensive vases which were placed around the room. 'I've never been in a big house before'

'Oh, thanks' I smiled, joining him on the couch. 'My mum runs some sort of security company, so we get a lot of our money from there. We have a guest room but... if you want you could stay in mi-

'Dan I'm not kicking you out of your room' He interrupted.

'Well I kind of meant, you could stay in my room, as in, with me' I stammered quietly.

'Oh' He paused. 'Could I? Please?' 

'I don't think I can sleep alone tonight, after what happened' I trailed off. 'Sorry for interrupting you earlier, I just had to get us home before anything else went wrong....you were telling me about the-

'Yeah, um...I was just saying how they, mostly James, made me my own enemy. I really didn't think I was going to make it out alive. I wasn't sure if you were looking for me, or had given up, because I'd given up on myself' He whimpered.

'Phil, I looked for you all night, I was in such a state' I croaked. 'I would never leave you behind' My mind jolted back to moment I left Matt behind at the car, and my expression grew sadder.

'Are you okay Dan?' Phil asked warily.

I knew I couldn't tell him about what had happened with Matt then, he had already been through so much that night, I didn't want cram more worry into his mind than he already had. 

'Yeah, I'm fine, just cold...c'mon I'll take you to the bathroom, I don't want to leave the knee like it is any longer, we can talk there' I reached out grab Phil's hand when my eyes made there way to a large patch of blood on the arm of Phil's sleeve. 

Phil jolted back covering it quickly, but he knew that he couldn't take back what I saw.

'Phil' I whispered. 'Who did it?'

He fell silent, now in the corner of the couch looking down at the sleeve, he didn't want to answer, I could tell, I didn't really want him to, becuase I kind of already knew, it was him. I could understand why though, he was alone, and he had no-one, basically, I wasn't going to critisize him for hurting himself, becuase in that moment he felt it was right. 

'I did' He breathed, tears starting to form in his eyes. 

I clambered over to the the other side of the couch with him and took the wrist in my hands, after wiping away some of his tears.

'Can I see?' I asked quietly. 

He nodded, I rolled the sleeve up and Phil turned his gaze away, shutting his eyes and facing to the wall, I don't know if it was because he didn't want to see what I was about to see, or he didn't want to experience my reaction.

Two cuts,  deep ones, they looked fresh, blood still stained his wrist from when it first spilled out. I tried to keep my mind under control but I just couldn't. How broken would you have to be, to tear apart the only thing that's keeping you together.