Just like me: phan pt32

*Dans pov*

We were now walking across the street to hospital accommodation. Phil had to return the crutches and the hospital rental was closed, so, yet again, we had to do our famous hobble. It was getting late and Phil was practically falling asleep while walking. His bruised face was rested against the crook of my neck.

'We're almost there Phil' I whispered quietly.

'Okay' He yawned, I think that was all he could manage.

I felt guilty for waking him up early that morning, I didn't know how much sleep Phil got a on a regular basis, or if he even slept well at all. I wasn't a good sleeper myself, I thought too much and after years of staying up til 5am every night...you get used to it. 

'Are you a good sleeper Phil?' I asked, lightly rubbing his arm as we reached the door to the 'hotel'.

'No' Phil groaned against my shoulder.

We had 3 flights of stairs to walk up before we reached our room, they said it was the best they could do, as all the lower flats were taken.

'Why?' I asked, this was my pathetic strategy to keep Phil awake.

'I'm scared' He whimpered, He was barely awake by this point, his one word answers and constant yawning were a big signal.

'Of what?...It's okay, Phil we're almost there' I murmued letting him slump into me as I helped him up the stairs.

'The thoughts' You could barely hear his voice, his eyes were shut, I was guiding him now.

'Are they bad thoughts?' I asked while inserting the key into the lock.

'Yes' Phil tightened his grip around me.

'It's okay' I said quietly while pushing the door open. 'They can't get you here'

I placed Phil down on the couch, he was much too sleepy to even make it to the bedroom. I laid down beside him, resting my head on the same pillow.

'Goodnight Dan' He mumbled, nestling his head into my chest.

'Goodnight Amazing Phil' I whispered.