Just like me: phan pt28

*Dans pov*

We were led into a separate room where a tall male figure was sat at his desk reading over documents. He glanced over his thin wire glasses, before placing the papers down and standing to shake our hands.

'Mr. Lester and Mr. Howell' He calmly greeted us. 'I'm afraid I have some concerns regarding your knee' He paused, gesturing to Phil. 'from what I've heard it sounds like an extreme infection, which obviously is no good...I'll take a look at it, we'll run some scans, and if it does happen to be an infection then we'll have to operate quite quickly'.

'What type of operation?' Phil asked in a shaky voice.

'If the leg is showing any signs of spreading the infection else where, then we must take drastic measures' He sighed. 'Amputation would be ideal'

'You...you can't remove my leg' Phil voice was incredibly quaky now, I reached down and held his hand.

'Believe me, we really don't want to, that's why we're running these tests' He reassured. 'If the infection is not as serious as it sounds we'll put you on some antibiotics and hope that cures it'

'Um, sorry to interrupt, but Phil hasn't registered yet' I pointed out. 

'You can fill out those forms now I presume' Dr. Wats opened one of the draws in his desk and handed me a collection of files. 'I'm sure your friend can help you fill out his medical history'

friend. 

'Oh okay' I said as I took the files from his hands.

'Sorry, If you two just wait here, I'll be back in a second, I just need to go and get my equipment I've left in the other room' He rose and strode out the door

I turned to Phil who still looked very distressed.

'Hey' I put my hand on his back. 'Stop thinking about it, it's probably not that serious' 

'Dan, I can't lose my leg' He whimpered, 

'I know' I murmured. 'Just don't think about it, it'll only make you more stressed'

'Okay' He whispered under his breath.

I gave him a light kiss on the cheek.

'We should probably go through these registration forms now' I sighed. 'Question 1' I paused looking over at Phil who now had his head buried in his hands. 'How big is your di-

'DAN!' His head shot up in shock.

'Good' I laughed 'Just checking that you were listening' 

'Oh my god' He shook his head while giggling to himself.

'Okay. Actual question 1; What healt-

'Hey Dan!' A familiar voice yelled from outside the room.

Phil and I both turn to see a scruffy brown haired character in a blue hoodie outside our door. Matt.