Just like me: phan pt70

*Dans pov*

We were now on our way to the Ferris wheel. The sun was setting, deep reds and oranges mixed with the deep blue sky, it was beautiful. Phil stood by my side, the orange bear I had won him earlier was clutched under his right arm. We were holding hands, and of course that gained the attention of people, I guess they were just taken aback by the fact we didn't care who saw us. It felt weird to think that this would've terrified me a few days ago, the idea of people staring at me, like a monster. I guess, they were all mostly from a small town, and some small town people can be slightly small minded, although their stares did get to me kind of....and Phil noticed.

'Dan is something wrong?' Phil asked, slowing down our pace slightly.

'No, no, it's nothing don't worry about it' I said, brushing it off.

'It's something, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed' He was so stubborn.

'People are staring' I murmured.

Phil sighed, looking around at some people who were whispering to each other while looking at us.

'That's okay' He smiled, lightly brushing the outside of my hand with his thumb. 'They're just afraid' 

'Why are they afraid?' I asked.

'Same reason why the group hated me...because we're different' Phil murmured. 'Just ignore them, it's fine' 

'How do you ignore them?' I asked.

'I look at you'

I blushed, Phil laughed, and we arrived at the Ferris wheel. There was barely any line at all, maybe because it looked really seedy and could probably break at any point in time. But we didn't care, it looked so sweet, and wasn't too high. We waited for our turn, while Phil tried to find out from me where we were headed next, but I wasn't going to tell him. 

When it was our turn to get on we walked into the cart that came down. The seat itself was cold and rusty metal, painted with red and blue stripes. the handle bar that came across us was yellow. It was a tight fit, but that just made it...lovely.

Phil rested his head on my shoulder and shut his eyes. He was warm, his dark hair blew in the wind and tickled my neck. The moment was special, I shut my eyes as well, just being content for a moment. I knew it wouldn't last forever, heck, that's why we were there, but that didn't matter. In that moment...It was us, and although we wouldn't have each other forever, we'd have this moment.

Phil looked up at me, a soft smile on his face. We were halfway up the Ferris wheel now and they had just finished loading.

'Dan?' Phil whispered.

'Yes Philly?'

We began moving up, slowly edging our way upwards.

'You can see a lot from here' He gawked, looking out at the little houses and trees. You could see our town from there, Phil's street and mine, the school, the freeway I found Phil on that night. 

He then turned to me, and intertwined our fingers. 

'Thankyou' He smiled hesitantly.

'F-for what?' I asked.

'For saving me' He murmured. 'I wouldn't be looking at the world like this if it weren't for you Dan' 

Look, There are some moments in life where you just want to press pause and stop time for a while. And I'm not really good with words, so to fill these types of moments with conversation would be a waste. And I guess when we hit the top of that Ferris wheel, and Phil looked at me with those eyes, the only only thing I was going to do...The only thing I could do, was obviously, kiss him.

I cupped his face in my hands, my chocolate browns, meeting his ocean blues. We were like fire and ice. I inched forward, pausing, as our noses touched.

'Can you promise me something Phil?' I whispered.

'Anything'

'Can you never forget this?'

'Never' 

I lent in and our lips met as it were the first time in forever. I shut my eyes, savouring the moment. There we were, up in the sky, and the only things we cared about were each other. This is what dreams were made of, I guess that sounds cliche, but it was. All I wanted was Phil, and right then, I had him...and he had me.

Phil pulled back and smiled.

'It probably looks beautiful out there, but there'll always be sunsets' He murmured, brushing his hand against my cheek. He never tore his eyes off me, not once.

'Can I give you a hint of where we're going next?' I asked.

Phil nodded, snuggling back into my side.

'Down there' I said, pointing to a long road, which led through a small forest. 'And that's all I'm saying' 

'Oh god Dan' He paused, looking up at me.

'I-is something wrong?' I asked hesitantly.

'No, It's just...um...h-how do you know, how do you make everything so special' He squeezed my hand lightly. 'I feel like I should repay you or something...and, and I don't know how'

He looked so flustered, like I had handed him 1million dollars. I didn't need Phil to pay me back...ever. I just needed him to feel special and loved for once, like he had someone. All I wanted for myself were these memories.

'You don't need to Philly, this is for both of us' I reassured him, wrapping my arms around his body.

It was quiet for a moment before Phil began talking again.

'Don't leave' He whimpered softly, closing his eyes and laying his head just under my chin.

'I won't' I breathed, kissing him on the cheek.

It wasn't a lie, because I wasn't going to leave him, I would never...not in that moment.

'Forever?'