85TH ROSE || Errol Ruiz Collama

Start from the beginning

"Okay, everyone, drop that effin' gadgets and chitchats of yours and I want your attention here," pumalakpak pa s'ya para tawagin ang atensyon ng lahat. "This girl beside me, is our new classmate and she will be joining us starting today. Sige na, magpakilala ka na," nagising ako sa boses ni Quia at sa bulung-bulungan ng mga kaklase ko. Hindi ko na namalayan na first period na pala at marami ng tao sa loob ng classroom. I didn't manage to open my eyes. I just listened to them.

"Good morning, ako si – " the voice of the girl suddenly stopped and I heard my classmates giggled in sarcasm. So, we have a transferee here.

"Hi, I'm Michelle Sumastre. I'm average in any aspects and I'm very independent as a student so don't bother accompany me and to take care of me. I'm not asking for any help. Nice to meet you all," I slightly opened my eyes when I heard the transferee saying those words. I'm not really fond of listening to other people might say to themselves when they introduce themselves to their new classmates but this time, someone caught my attention big time.

"Okay, thank you, Miss Sumastre. Just look for a vacant seat. Any minute darating na ang teacher natin sa first period."

"Excuse me, I have a question for the newcomer," narinig ko ang boses ni Nolan, ang notorious prankster at bully ng classroom namin na sa hindi ko malamang dahilan ay madalas n'ya akong pagtripan. Don't tell me, harap-harapan n'yang pagtitripan 'yung transferee? Tss. Wala talaga s'yang awa.

"What is that, Jude?"

"Pa'no ka nakapasok rito?"

"Yeah, Jude's right. Pa'no ka nakapasok rito? What's your family's business? Ano'ng group ka pala? Business Heir? Stock Heir? Honorable Heir or..." I heard Myrtle's voice after Nolan asked such question.

Nagtawanan naman ang halos lahat sa huli n'yang sinabi. I frowned. What's funny about it? Tsk, brats. If there's no commoners, you will not gain in your businesses idiots!

"Spill it out!!!" they teasingly shouted. I shook head and I just closed my eyes again. Ayoko nang makisali, sayang sa energy. Marami pa akong aasikasuhing schedules ng mga artists namin lalo na si Tyrone at ang KNIGHTS.

"Stop bothering, everyone," I heard Mark's voice out of nowhere. "If she don't wanna tell us what her family's business is, then no. We don't have to force her to spill things out until on its least details. As long as she's not part of the Social Welfare Group, she's an heiress."

"Oh, c'mon, Mark Viel. Don't be such a kill joy. We just wanna know what her family's doing, y'know?" I heard Sia's voice this time.

"Then what if you'll know her family is an owner of a wealthy Mafia and she's the heiress. Are you willing to risk your life and your father's position in the government to ask her that nonsense question?"

Hearing them quarreling about this transferee makes me feel more interested about her.

"I've decided!" I shouted while raising my hands and everyone looked at me, especially the girl transferee.

I slightly stunned when I saw the face of the transferee who is now frowning at me saying like 'you-were-just-sleeping-while-we-have-a-commotion-here-are-you-kidding-me?' look. I don't know why I felt so stunned when I saw her face but damn, all I can say is she's such a beauty even if she don't have any stylish make-up on her face just like our classmates and even she looked like a country girl, she's such a beauty!

"What is that, Errol? Are you dreaming again? Seriously?" Chantal asked me in 'are-you-kidding-me?' tone.

"Nope. I've decided," I smiled widely as I clapped my hands and pointed the transferee. "That I nominate that newcomer to be our class president!"