• T H I R T Y N I N E •

November 2nd 2024  (that's a long time away)

I stand in front of jack and I's mantel looking up at my mom and dad. Well their ashes. I don't cry. I don't frown. I smile. I love them still but I think its finally the time to let them free. I take their ashes and put them in my bag. "Are sure you wanna do this?" Jack asks. I nod and he takes my hand.

We step off the plane and walk into Australia, I've never been here before and never been this far from the U.S it was different but this is what they wanted. We find the cliff my mom and dad visited years ago before I was born, well I was in my mothers stomach. They stood at the top of this mountain together 26 years ago. They were both healthy and alive.

I held both of them in my hands. I finally let a tear roll down my face. Jack kissed my cheek "take your time" he whispers.

I take a deep breath "Mom and dad. I love you both so much, you gave me life, you taught me how to love, how to be kind, taught me things that no one else could" I turn back towards jack "you taught what true love is, and how it feels and looks" he smiles and i turn back around to look over the mountain "you guys gave me unconditional love, you gave me everything I ever needed, you prepared me for the real world, you guys left me too soon, I though I'd never be able to live without you but here I am, I'm striving, although you guys wont-" my throat clenches and I have to swallow the hard rock in my throat, I felt jacks hand on my shoulder comforting me "although you guys won't see you're little girl walk down the aisle, you won't meet your grandchildren." I touch my stomach."you guys will always be in my heart, you guys were a huge piece of my life and I'm glad we had time together to live, teach, and be happy. You guys mean so much to me and I'm here ready to grant your wishes, to set your ashes free together off this cliff. I'm ready to set you free.." I pour their ashes as the tears fell from my eyes. Their ashes drifted in the wind together. I let myself believe that they danced together as they drifted way. Swirling around one another, happy to be free, happy to be together again. After being stuck in jars next to each other not being able to touch or see and finally free and able to touch one another. I let myself believe I saw their ashes wave goodbye before disappearing. I felt something wash over me. It felt as if they were saying their final goodbye. I looked down at the vases that once held their ashes. I kissed them both before throwing them down. I had tears falling like ran down my face but I smiled. I watched the rest of them disappear once more. For the first time i felt the lightest kick on my stomach. I grabbed my stomach. "Jack.." He stepped towards me bending down and placed his hand over mine. The baby kicked once more.

He smiled up at me. "That's the first time right?" I nod and he stands up and kisses me and wipes the tears from my eyes. "You did it baby" he whispers. I kiss him again and take his hand walking away back down the mountain.

"Goodbye, I love you too the moon and back " I whisper.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Sorry this was short.. Next chapter is the final :(

But I MAKING A NEW ONE WAYHOOO

it's called tell me d.j.s.

Comment ideas for it lol