• T H I R T Y T W O •

I hugged each of them goodbye. I waved as I walked away. I'm so nervous to be going back home. I only have one reason to going back. And its the Avery's/Stanford family.

I have no one left my moms gone, my dads gone, and my grandmas gone. Its just me. I frown sitting down in my seat. Its been a pretty lonely last two years. I have no one to go home to during the holiday. No one to shop for during the holidays. I have no one to call family. Everyone's gone.

Skip plane

I walk out of the airport to see the famous sydnie Avery. I smile as she jumps into my arms. "Oh how I've missed you!" She squeals. I squeeze her tighter "I missed you too" the ride home was fast and I was glad, I missed them all so much. Sydnie grabbed my bag "I got this, go say hi" I walk into the house. This was a surprise for all of them. I only told sydnie. "Syd? Is that you" Kristin walked into view looking up from the newspaper. She met my eyes and dropped the paper. Tears began falling from her eyes. I quickly wrapped my arms around her and began to cry as well. "Where have you been?" She cried.

The front door opened, sydnie was bringing in my bag. I pull away from her wiping her tears away. "California" I say. I see Ava come in from outside the back she had Isla standing next to her. I send Ava a smile she covers her mouth and Isla was still focused on her doll. I bent down in front of Isla. "Hey my Lil monster" she looks up and in no time had her arms wrapped around me. "AAUTUMN!! AUTUMN !! AUTUMN!!!!" She yelled over and over. I laughed and picked her up and hugged Ava. "How long you here for?" She asks. "A week" she nods. She looks down then back at me "did you jack was coming back home in 3 days?" Great! I shake my head no "no, I didn't" I frown I out Isla down. "Are you guys still friends?" I look Isla with sad eyes. "Nope" I whisper. Her bottom lips quivers "w-what why?" Kristin took Isla "its hard to understand sweetie" Ava and Syd took me upstairs and they both talked my ear off, but I couldn't be happier.

"So should I ask him or should i wait for him to ask me?" Ava asks. I look at Syd then back at Ava "well I mean, if you wanna show him that you're not playing games anymore you should ask him. If he says no and wants to continue playing games, leave him, he isnt worth your time and if he does say no, hes gonna feel like shit and its his fault. He's missing out on someone amazing" Ava smiles. "Kind of like jack, missing out on someone great" I laugh. "I guess" syd rolls her eyes "its true autumn, none of us are big fans of aspen" (no idea if its true, don't attack me) "neither am I " I say. Ava laughs " why would you? She stole your man" I shake my head "nope she didn't, she took someone who wasn't taken anymore, when they got together we weren't together anymore" Ava frowns "how exactly did you guys break up?" I never told Ava, I only told Syd actually she's the only one who knows what actually happened.

"Well um. He cheated on me because aspen told him I was cheating on him.." I paused "with Jonah" Ava's jaw dropped "you're joking!" Syd laughed "it gets better" I shake my head jokingly "and well I forgave him and that maybe two hours later he's telling me that he doesn't want to hurt me anymore and leaves me" Ava frowns "that doesn't but does sound like jack, like I get the part where he didn't want to hurt you but why did he cheat? Why did he think you cheated?" I shrugged my shoulders "Ava, that's the same questions I've asked myself a hundred times" Syd looks at me "you still love him don't you" I laugh and run my hand thru my hair "of course I still love him, I always will, but he's happy with aspen" Syd shakes her head. "But youre not, and No he's not, he wants to believe he is" I raise an eyebrow. "What do you mean I'm not?"

"You're not happy, you still want to be with him" I nod she's right. I'm not happy and I do t want to be with him but everything is so awkward now.

The rest of the night we all caught up with one another. I missed them a lot. I hate myself for cutting ties with them after my fathers death. I did it with everyone, I went into depression.

Syd and Ava fell asleep around 11. I went down stairs in hopes that Kristin was up. I heard her talking on the phone. "I just called to say goodnight that's all" she says. I walk into view and she smiles at me. I sit down across the table from her. "Hey autumn, there's tea on the stove" I nod and get up to pour me some. "Yea she's here, you wanna talk to her?" I pause. I knew it was jack. She hands me the phone. "H-hello?" I say. He didn't say anything "why are you there?" His voice wasn't angry, it was low and some reason sweet. "Because they're my family" I sighed "k" he says. Okay. Rude.

I hand her back the phone she had a confused look on her face. "Okay well goodnight sweetheart, love you" she says. I sit back down and sip my tea.

"Autumn.." She says slowly. I look up at her. "Would you mind telling me what exactly happened between the two of you?" I sigh and tell her everything. In detail what happened, I didn't leave anything out. When i finished she had a look of disappointment and sorrow. "Why would he do that!" I take a sip of my tea. "I don't know" I whisper.

"You knows he's gonna be here in two days right" I nod. "What did he say on the phone?" She asks. "He asked me why I was here and when I told him he said k, that's sadly the most I've talked to him in 3 years" I frown and so does she. "He didn't say anything when your father passed?" She questioned. I shook my head "I never told him" she frowns "neither did we" oh. He doesn't even know my fathers died.

I was nervous for him to come, I wasn't leaving although I tried Kristin doesn't want me getting a hotel she wants me to stay here. She wants us to work everything out. I'm scared to see him. I'm scared to talk to him.

These next days are gonna be crazy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In this story Avery's/Stanford hate aspen. Don't know there actual viewpoints on her so don't attack me or hate me. K thanks👍