• T W E N T Y S E V E N •

"Danii" I frown, he sends me a warm smile "good luck you two" he pushes jack into the room and steps out. He stands about 15 feet away. I avoid eye contact with him. My mouth stays shut to scared to break the silence that hangs between us. He takes a small step towards me but stops. My throat tightens holding back the tears. I was scared again. I'm always scared.

I close my eyes having déjà vu. I take a few deep breaths. I hear him whispering to himself. "A-autumn" his voice was still whisper except I heard him clearly.

Jacks POV

"A-autumn" I finally say. She slowly looks up at me making eye contact with me. Even with bags under her eyes, no makeup, and sad eyes she was still drop dead gorgeous. The way she was breathing I knew she was scared. "I'm sorry" I mumble. She covers her face with her hand. She turns around not wanting to face me anymore. "I know you are jack" her voice was low she spoke slowly to show her pain. I know she doesn't want to forgive me but she will, that's just who she is. "Autumn-" she quickly interrupts me. "No jack" she turned around. "Tell me, tell me what made you think I'd ever hurt you?" She steps closer, her face had confusion and anger written all over it.

"I don't know autumn, I don't know why i did what j did, I'm an idiot and I'm so-" she interrupts me again "jack quit saying that, quit dying you're sorry" I nod and gulp. She stands there still waiting for an answer. "Someone told me a bunch of lies about you and I guess I just second guessed you maybe. I don't know what i was thinking. It was dumb of me. I feel like an actual idiot, I hurt you, I cheated, just because I decided not to be civilized person and ask you about it instead I got mad and got you back for something you never did" she wasn't mad anymore. She sad, scared, and hurt.

She placed both hands in her head and turned around. "Jack I'd never ever second guess you, I've known you for so long I know you wouldn't hurt me. I knew you never had a heart that would hurt someone yet you did. And you hurt me. Me. Your best friend. Your girlfriend.." She paused and added "ex girlfriend" in a whisper. My chest tightened at those words. There was a long break of silence. I didn't know what to say anymore. I'm still in love with her. I want to get back with her. I want to love her. I want to make her happy. I want her to be mine.

She finally broke the silence between us "I forgive you jack" her voice was a whisper. I felt my body go numb. "Really?" I say surprise. She turns back around she had her arms wrapped around her stomach under her boobs. She looks at me and nods slowly. "You're my best friend, maybe we weren't meant to be any more then that" ouch. I wanted to sink to the ground. I want to be more but I ruined that. I nod slowly. "Maybe you're right, but just so you know.." I slowly pause. I look onto her eyes "I'm still in love with you and I hope to god that we end up together one day, I hope you have my children, I hope you make me the happiest man in the world and be my wife, I hope one day you'll say I love you too jack" I saw a little smile tug at her lips she tried her best to hide it but I seen it.

"Keep dreaming" she giggled. I smile at her. There's the girl I love. She let her arms fall to her side. "Does that mean we can be best friends again?" She smiles lightly and nods. I smile at as she lifted her hand to push the loose hair that fell from the braid behind her ear. I noticed a bruise on her knuckles. I gulped "autumn" she glares at me and grabs her hand "what?" I walked closer to her, she stood her ground. I went to grab her hand put she pulled away.

"Autumn!" I say firmly, she rolled her eyes. "I said best friend not dad" she walked past me but I grabbed her shoulder pulling her back into. Her body against mine gave me goosebumps but ignored them. "Autumn please give me your hand" she handed me her hand but the left one. "The other one autumn" my voice was firm she looked at me with sad eyes. She finally gave in and handed me her hand. I felt my stomach dropped when I seen the purple/black bruise that formed over her knuckles, and the few cuts.

I looked at her asking with my eyes to explain. She gulped sharply. "What happened?" She didn't want to answer. She was scared again. "I don't know" she mumbled. I rolled my eyes "autumn I'm not dumb, what did you do?" She sighed.

"I punch the wall" she mumbled. I bend forward a little. "You what?" She gulped again and finally looked me in the eyes " I punched a wall" I frown. I made her do it didn't I? God damn jack! What is actually wrong with you? "What wall? And why?" Instill had her hand in mine. She didn't remove it she kept it there. She looked down at our hands then back at my eyes. "The brick wall, of the building, and I did it because -" she pauses and gulps again "I did it to help me relieve pain" I squeezed her hand gently. She flinched and let out a whimper.

"We need to go to the hospital" she quickly shakes her head. "No, I'm not going anywhere" I cock my head to the side "autumn, we're going. " she shakes her head again. "Its my fault isn't it? You ounces the wall because of me?" I felt like a complete ass, I hurt her mentally, physically, and her heart. She didn't say anything she avoided eye contact with me the silence answered my question. I nod and gently kiss her hand, she whimpers a little "get your shoes on" she shakes her head again "no jack" I stare into her eyes. She finally gave in. She slipped her feet into her nike slides.

"You shouldn't have hurt yourself because of me, I get that I made a dick move. I get that I hurt you but what made you lunch the wall?" She shakes her head "I don't want to talk about it right now".