• S E V E N T E E N •

I watched as his back slowly disappeared into the airport. I went with Kristin to bring him. I frowned as he left.

Its crazy to think he's been here for almost three weeks. Kristin had tears in her eyes as she turned to me I frowned and hugged her. "Its hard to let go of my baby boy, I miss him so much when's he's gone but he's pursuing his dreams which makes me happy" she wept into my shoulder. I sigh "Kristin you're gonna worry, you're gonna be sad, he's your son. Its normal to feel this why" I hear her sigh and pull away from me.

She looks up at me with a smile "you're right" I giggle "I'm always right" she playfully rolls her as as she walks away she adds "just like yo momma" I smile as I remember times where my parents would get into arguments my dad would say "yea, I guess you're right" and she'd smirk placing her hand on his shoulder and planting a kiss on his lips "I'm always right" I felt myself reliving those moment as I got into the car.

I sat in front seat. I turn to Kristin who was already looking at me. "You remind me more and more of your mother everyday" my smile widened as tears began to form in my eyes. "You don't know how great that makes me feel" I wipe the tears from my face and Kristin pulls me closer to her kissing my head. "Don't cry sweetheart" I let out laugh "its just tears of joy" I hear her faint giggle.

I eventually pulled away allowing her to finally drive out of the airport. When people tell me I remind them of my mother. It gives me more confidence although it makes me miss her as well. My mother was the type of person who put everyone's needs before her own. She made sure everyone was happy. She was never negative either. She always had this go-to attitude. She always looked on the brighter sides of things. She was sweet, kind, beautiful, full of life and energy. She was that one girl everyone wanted to be. Even though I grew up in a household where I didn't get what ever I wanted. I learned that happiness doesn't come from items it came from the people you surrounded yourself with. She taught me so much.  She taught me to be kind, strong, independent, loyal, fair she was a role model. She was the person people refer to when they say "the good die young" because she was young, she was good. She deserved everything. She is the woman I inspire to be.

Kristin's voice pulled me out of my thoughts "are you hungry?". I look at her with 'really?' Written all over my face she glances at me and laughs as s pulled into subway.

4 days later..

"What's 9+10?"

"21" I smile. "Is that a weed?"

She laughs "Im calling the police!"

"Is that a police?" She throws her hands up. "I'm calling the weed"

"4:20 whatcha smoking?" I finish. We both erupt into laughter. "Why are we like this?" I cry. Syd meets eyes with me and shakes her head. We were Latin I'm my bed just chilling and we just started quoting random vines.

"Road work ahead?" I continue "yea I sure hope it does" she laughs then turns her head away from she slowly turned back "Adam" I laughed so hard I fell off my bed. She recorded me and laughed as I rolled on the floor.

"We need lives" I say before finally getting up she nodded "nah. Just you" I place my hand over my heart "ouch that hurt" she laughs again.

We laid on my bed in silence for a few minutes. Letting our minds run free of thoughts. It wasn't awkward silence. It was fairly comfortable. It was one of the moments where you're mind jumped from one thing to another. Not trying to start conversation just chilling, relaxing. "Do you miss him?" Syd voice was low.

I nod slowly "of course I do.. Do you?" She clears her throat "duh" I laugh lightly "why'd you ask?" She shrugged her shoulders "because I knew you were thinking about him" I turn to face her more. "And how did you know that? Can you read minds?" I joke. I smile spreads across her face "duh " but she continues "I knew because you love him. And he's probably on you're mind all the time" 

She right. I was thinking about him. I was thinking about his hair and the way it falls so perfectly over his eyes. And his eyes the perfect milk chocolate brown. How perfect his lips feel on mine. How cute he is when he smiles or when he's wearing his glasses. Or when he's sleeping or EVER. "You're doing it again" I look up at Syd as my cheeks turned red which only made her smirk because she knew she was right.

I covered my face with my hands "okay so what?" She giggles "aweee autumns in love" she gushed. "Yea I am" I whisper. She squealed "awwwwe" I uncovered my face I had no idea she was recording. I quickly went to grab the phone. She pulled away knowing what I was trying to do.

"Nope, not this time" Syd stands up. I cross my arms "please delete it" she smiled "I already saved it and sent to jack" I throw myself back.

"Booty juice" I say. Syd jumps onto the bed next to me "you're 18 and you still say booty juice instead of what the fuck, really?" I laugh and shrug. "I was taught not to swear" she rolled her eyes "like I said you're 18" I mocked her. "I get it sydnie !" I jokingly yell. She smiles and lightly punches my shoulder.

"You know I love you " I nod with a smile "I love you too Syd" she laid back and within minutes we were both asleep.

* To clear it up *

Syd was my best friend/sister. Kristin was my mama which makes people confused when I call her that she's not actually my mom. I call her my mama because she was my second mom but ya. Isla's my lil sister that's also kind of like my best friend but she doesn't understand everything ava and Syd do. Ava, we aren't as close as I am to Isla and Syd but I would take a bullet for her. She reminds me a lot of jack sometimes. And Darren is kind of like a step dad I guess haha. They are my family. Sometimes I feel like dating jack could mess up my relationship with them but they all made it clear they would still love me the same. And I will never stop loving the family that took care of me when I needed them most.