• T H I R T Y T H R E E •

"jack!" I hear Isla. I open my eyes to see Ava gone. I began panicking. I grabbed some clothes and hop into the shower trying to buy time. I stay in there until the hot water turns cold.

I get dressed into a basic T-shirt and leggings. I brush thew my hair and blow dry it another thing I never do but I'm buying time here. I brush my teeth and floss. I put everything into my bag and pull out a pair of socks putting them on. I hear Avas voice "how long you for again?" I stand up and run to the bathroom. "A week" he replies. I hear the door open "hang on a second" she tell him. I nervously try to put my contacts in. The bathroom door opens and I see a blurry Ava walk up to me. "You okay?" She whispers. I gulp and shake my head "does he know I'm here" she shakes her head no.

I turn back to the mirror and finally give up on putting my contacts in. My hands were shaking to much. "Ava I'm coming in!" She freezes. "Okay" I gulp. What do I do?!?!?! I'm so fucking nervous omg. I hear him sit on her bed. "Just walk out casually and walk down stairs. " I look at her as if she's crazy, well she is "are you crazy! I'll run into the wall or trip!" I whisper yell. She laughs knowing I'm right.

She steps out "hey jack can you go for a second?" "Okay" he says I release the breath that I wouldn't let go of. She opens the door and I step out. I GRB my phone and open her door running right into him. Fuck! Fuck me, I'm an actual dumbass! "S-sorry " I mumble and bend down to pick up my phone. "Its okay" he says I stand up straight and began to walk away. "Where are you going?" He asks. "not here" I say walking down the stairs "why?" He asks. I stop in the middle of the stairs and turn towards him "Don't want to step on your toes, you told me to pretend like I don't know who you are, so who are you?" I say. He looked at me blankly and I nodded "have a nice day" I say as I turn around. "Wait no, stop" he says. I was already at the bottom of the stairs.

He followed me down. "Are you still on that?" He questioned. Am I still on that wtf? "Still on what?" I ask as if I was dumb. "Autumn that happened 3 years ago, you aren't over it?" I wanted to cry almost as much as I wanted to punch him in the face. "Yea I know right so pathetic, its been three years" he froze realizing where I got that from. "Did Daniel tell you?" I laugh and shake my head "no actually I heard the whole thing jack, its nice to know that my ex best friend who I fell in love with thinks I'm pathetic. You made me fall for you then left me in the dirt. I'm pathetic for still living you but you're an asshole for hurting me" I say. The front door opened and I turned around to see Syd. She looked between jack and I.

"Whatever" he says then walks back upstairs. I walked pasted Syd out the door. It was a cool day, I was flustered and didn't want too take it out on anybody. I walked to my old house. It was still abandoned. I took the key from the rock and opened the door. I stepped in and felt the cold air hit me. I walk around reliving everything that's every happened here. Memories of my mom and dad. Memories of jack and I. Memories of everything.

I met a rear slipped from my eyes as I approached my parents old room. My dads work clothes were still laid out where he had them two years ago. I run my hand over it and let the tears fall.

Flashback.

I wake up around 7 to make my dad and I coffee like I've been doing for the last year since I came home. We spent every moment we could together. I walked up stairs to wake him up. When I opened his door I felt my heart sink. I automatically knew something was wrong. I walked over to his bed and seen him facing the window. The moment I touched him I knew he was gone. I made myself think he wasn't "dad" I cried. No response "dad!" I turned him over and saw his lifeless body. With teas running down my face I allowed my self to smile, his face was white but he had a smile across his face. He was gone but he was happy. I quickly dialed 911. They Ame and told me he was gone. I cried for months. He didn't have a funeral. He didn't want one. He wanted to get cremated just like my mom. I put both of them on my shelf in California with my grandma.

End of flashback.

I sink to the floor. My grandma. I stood up and left the cold dark house and walked a block away to grandmas. She died two months after my father which was her son. The hospital said she died from a broken heart. I stand looking at her house. Both of the house were mine now. After the died everything they owned went to me. I put my grandmas on the market a few months ago.

I sold my grandmas house for a lot of money but the money meant nothing. I don't want to give up my parents house yet. "Hey!" I hear a boys voice. I Juno and turn towards him. He looked to be my age "can I help you with anything?" I shake my head no. And turn back to looking at the house. He was then standing next to me "this is my house" he says. I wipe my tears "I'm sorry, my g-grandma used to live here" empathy spread across his face "oh I'm sorry" I turn towards him "it's alright" and I began to walk away "wait are you okay?" He yelled back. I nod "a okay!" I say. I walk back up the steps of jacks house tears still in my eyes. I sigh and open the door. I hear isla's giggles and then jacks. I walked into the kitchen and Kristin was sitting at the table.

"Where did you go- are you okay?" She stands up and I hug her. After a few minutes we pull away and she wipes my tears away "i-i went to my old house and my grandmas and I kind of just broke down" I explain in a whisper. She frown and hugs me again. "Mo-" jack begins to say. I pull away from her and wipe my tears again. I step away and let jack talk. "Yes jack" his eyes were on me. "I uh I don't remember what I was gonna say" I look him in the eyes. He looks away. Another thing to cry about ha. Life just likes to fuck me over huh!

"Autumn why don't you sit down" Kristin suggested. I sit down next to her I out my head in my hands. She placed her hand on my head. I didn't know if jack was still there but my body was telling me he was. "Autumn, I know it hurts but the more you keep going back the more it gonna hurt" I look up at her "Kristin I know but I miss them, w-why does everyone leave?" I whisper. She looks up at  I'm guessing jack. Then back at me "honey they didn't close to leave, it was just their time" I leaned my head back to stop the tears from falling.

"What's going on?" Jack says. My heart beat slowed. He use to be my best friend. He knew everything about me. He used to be my boyfriend who was always there. 3 years ago I was happy. I had my dad and grandma still and I had him. But now I don't have any of them.

"Autumn misses her dad and grandma" Kristin says. "Why can't she just go see them" he asks. "Because they aren't here anymore" she whispers. "I don't get it" I sat up straight in my chair and looked at jack "they're dead jack" I say firmly. I see him gulp. I stand up from the table "excuse me" I say walking passed jack.