• T H I R T Y F O U R •

Jacks pov

"They're dead jack" she says firmly. She stood up and walked past me. I close my eyes as I take in what she just said. I left her when she needed me most. What's wrong with me? I wanted to run after her and hold her, I wanted to tell her everything will be alright. I wanted to show her that I still loved her. I wanted to kiss her and call her mine again. But I can't. I'm with aspen. "Jack, why did you leave her? You know she's hurting because you left. You were the only one who can take her pain away but now you're the cause of it" I look up at my mom who had tears in her eyes, as did I.

I just look at my mom. Everyone seems to be on autumns side. Everyone keeps telling me that I should have never left her. They tell me I hurt her even more. I didn't know how to answer my mom.
"Go talk to her jack, I'm tired of you pretending you guys don't know each other! You're best friends!" My mom raised her voice but not yelling. I nod and walk towards the stairs but stop when I see her figure outside. She sat with her head in her hands. She was crying, I felt my self break.

She looked up and looked out towards the street, she pushes her hair behind her ears and wipes the tears from her eyes. She sits silently I held the doorknob in my hand. My hand shakes nervously as my brain told me "dont turn it", but my heart yelled "OPEN IT ALREADY!" I took in a deep breathe and opened the door slowly. She turned her head and looked at me with sad eyes. She quickly turned away not wanting to look at me.

I sat down next to her leaving an inch between us. I didn't know what to do next. I placed my hand on her shoulder, then realised I needed to wrap my arms around her. She needed it and I wanted it. So I did that I wrapped my arms around her and she fell into my embrace. She let me hold her. My heart beat raced as I remember all the times we would cuddle. I missed her in my arms. I missed kissing her. I missed loving her. I missed her. 

"Don't pity me" she whispered. I stroked her hair. "I'm not" I whisper back. We didn't move we stayed in each others arms both of us not wanting to move. I looked down at her seeing her eyes wonder all over the yard. She was thinking but wanted to make it seem like she wasn't, I know her to well.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask quietly. She took a deep breath. "You" she whispered back. My heart beat raced but I ignored the feeling "good or bad?" She smiles "both" I chuckle lowly. "Autumn I know you don't want to hear this and know I've said it a lot but I'm sorry" she sat up so my arms fell from her. I frown I still wanted her in my arms. "Prove it" she whispers. I look into her eyes they have changed since the last time I've looked into them.

They're green, and sad. "I don't know how to do that" she nods slowly "then you aren't sorry jack" she looks away from me watching the car that drives past. I wrapped my arms around her again pulling her into my chest "what are you doing?" She asks. I kiss the top of her head "I'm holding you" I whisper. "I said don't pity me" I lift up her chin and kiss her for head "I'm not, I want to hold you" I see her cheeks turn red but she looks away quickly hoping I didn't see, but I did.

As we sit on the stairs I begin to feel all those feelings that I threw away 3 years ago. All the feeling I pretended that I never had. I still love her. I hid those feelings for so long, I thought I'd never have the feelings anymore. I thought being away from her they would die. But they didn't. "Distance makes the heart grow fonder" I whisper. I look down as she closes her eyes with a smile. She still loves me.

Autumns POV

"Distance make the heart grow fonder" he whispers, I smile and close my eyes. He still loves me. I want to hold up the wall. I don't want to show him I love him, he's still with aspen. Maybe we can still be friends. I take a deep breathe and sit up once again. He frowns "why do you keep sitting up?" I giggle. He smiles and I feel goosebumps grow on my skin. "Friends" I say. He looks down at my hand then back to my eyes "best friends?" He questions. I nod and he smiles he takes my hand and shakes. My body feels hot from his contact. He opened his arms "come back" I roll my eyes and fall back into his arms, back into his grasp once again.

Ring
His phone began to ring, he groaned and took it out of his pocket. Aspens name was across the top and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"Hey what's up?" "Yea" "I'm outside" "no I'm not by myself " "autumn" he looks at me as she rambles on he took the phone away from his ear. Then puts it back "I have to go aspen, dinners done" he hung up. "Sorry" he said. I cover his mouth with my hand "stop saying sorry" he rolled his eyes playfully then licked my hand. I raised my eyebrow "ew" I said sarcasticly. Its his tongue its been in my mouth before does he think it will effect me on my hand. He giggled and bit my hand "ouch that hurt" I say pulling my hand away. He laughed again and I wipe my hand on his shirt. I feel abs underneath. Damn okay he's gotten sexier  I mean what who said that??

He smirked at me and hugged me again.  He picked me up and thew me over his shoulder. He walked into the house. "Where's the garbage" I pinch his butt. I hear Kristin laugh. He swings me back around but doesn't put me down. He smiles at me and I smile back our faces were inches apart. "You guys are good now?" Kristin asks. We both nod not looking away from one another. "Yea" he said. I didn't want to drop his gaze.

He slowly put me down. I didn't want to leave his grasp. Ha I'm in love with someone who broke my heart 3 years ago and he's my best friend! There's something wrong with me, well there's a lot wrong lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hehe aspens gonna be mad!

Is it bad autumn forgave jack? Or do you think it was the right things to do?