FORTY FOUR

the room was filled with soft melodies of a playlist phil had put on, light chords and feathery lyrics mixed with gentle touches; it was heaven. dan craved for time to stop so he could stay with his lover like this forever. their bodies were pressed together, phil's lips against dan's neck and dan's fingers were tangled in phil's hair.

"you're breathtaking," phil whispered against dan's skin. one of his hands slowly moving down dan's body from where it rested next to his head to his thigh. dan sighed at the feeling, butterflies flying around in his stomach.

"you are the love of my life." dan tugged on phil's hair to pull him in for a kiss on the lips, a slow and passionate one that they could melt in. "i have had a lot of of doubts in my twenty six years of life, but you are something i'm certain is right."

"are you giving me a sneak peak on your wedding vows?" phil joked, chuckling against dan's lips. the younger man couldn't help but grin at the boy he was so in love with, "we have some time before that, baby."

"what if i don't marry you, but harry styles?" dan sassed. phil rolled his eyes at his boyfriend's antics, though still staring back him with the fondest look of all time.

"if you want harry styles, i have absolutely no problem adding an angel to this relationship," he paused to kiss dan's cheek, "but you will always be the most beautiful person in the universe, no matter how aesthetically perfect celebrity crushes are. the best part about you is that you're not perfect like your idols, you have your flaws and that's why i love you."

"and i was supposedly writing wedding vows? that was the cheesiest thing i have ever heard you say."