Reunion

It's been months since Jingyu and Zhouzhou talk to each other but when they meet again, everything feels right. It's like they are in the place where they belong to. 

"Welcome," Zhouzhou greets Jingyu as the other guy walks into his home. Once the door closes, Zhouzhou couldn't help it anymore and jumps to hug the bigger guy.

Jingyu startles but he hugs Zhouzhou back. He also misses the warmth they share with each other embrace. "I miss you," Jingyu whispers softly.

"I miss you," Zhouzhou smiles so big. It's been so long since he really smiles from his heart. And it's all because of Jingyu. He lost his smile because of Jingyu and he finds it back because of Jingyu.

They both sit down to talk seriously about their relationship. About their future. They need to get this clear before they know what to do. 

"Zhou, you need to know that I don't blame you. You were right. We need to stay apart so we can think about this. We've never really been apart," Jingyu convinces Zhouzhou that he didn't make any mistake. He knows the little guy blames himself and he doesn't want that. It hurts knowing Zhouzhou blames himself.

Besides, they really do need time apart from each other. Ever since Addicted, they're always together. Everything revolves around them that it's scary just to think they won't be together. Perhaps it's their fear that stuck them together. Fear of losing the other.

"So, what were you thinking?" Zhouzhou asks timidly. He's scared that his choice can't be changed. He knows they're still in love with each other but everything could happen. 

"Just like you, I'm also scared about our future. What if we won't stay together? What if we can't even stay as friends?" Jingyu pauses to gather his thoughts. "But then I realize that I'm really scared of losing you. I just want you, Zhou. I want you in my life. As a lover. Or as friends."

Zhouzhou nods since that's also what he wants. But he doesn't say anything. He wants to hear what Jingyu has to say first.

"And in this industry, even without the ban, we won't be able to express our love publicly. At least not anytime soon. Are we ready for that? Will we be okay hiding our feelings from the world? And are we ready to face the consequences once they find out about us?"

Zhouzhou hates the direction he assumes Jingyu's talking about. "I don't know. I can't say anything about the future. But I don't want to give up. I won't even talk about our fate or destiny. If the universe wants us together or not. But I met people who made me think about us. And all I know is I still love you, so much. I want you, so much. So I don't want to give up on us."

Jingyu caresses Zhouzhou's face and that surprises him. "Me too. I don't want to give up on us. But I need you to promise me something, Zhou."

Zhouzhou is really happy hearing that sentence that he just smiles so big. "I can promise you anything."

"Promise me that we will be in each other's life. Forever. As lover or friends. Even if we stop loving each other or find someone else, or we're just not meant to be, promise me you won't leave because I won't leave," Jingyu says seriously.

Zhouzhou doesn't want to hear about those possibilities but they do exist. They're not in a drama anymore. It's reality. They will need to face their reality. Perhaps there's no happy ever after in real life. Perhaps their love won't last eternally. No one knows. But they can't run away from reality anymore.

"Hmm. You ran away once. I ran away once. So let's not run away from each other again. No matter what happens. Because I also want you in my life, Jingyu."

They look into each other's eyes. They could almost see everything that happened so far. The first time they met each other. Their first fight. Their first kiss. Their first night.

They realize how much the other guy means for them. They lean in closer and feel the warm breath of the other. They stare at each other like they're looking for permission to go closer. 

Jingyu finally puts his hand on Zhouzhou's neck and pulls the other guy closer. They both kiss softly and lovingly like there's only the two of them in the world. They both feel stupid for letting the other guy go. 

That gentle kiss is the proof they need that they really love each other. It's not an illusion. It's not a phase. It's not a mistake. They love each other from the bottom of their hearts.

After a while, they pull out of the kiss and keep staring at each other. 

"Does this mean we're back together?" Zhouzhou asks for confirmation. 

"Of course. Let's stay together. I won't let you leave again," Jingyu smiles warmly.

"I won't let you leave as well. Let's walk and grow together from now on."

Zhouzhou hugs Jingyu. He just realizes how much he misses that silly boyfriend. He won't act stupid again because he knows everything will be better than losing Jingyu. Living without him is a hell itself. 

"Let's try to love each other a day or even a second longer. Let's love as much as we can so we won't regret a thing. So that no matter what we have at the end of this road, we can still stay together," Zhouzhou speaks for the both of them.

They will love each other as much as possible so they won't have any regret. They will give it their best so even if they end up with separate ways, they can still stay without hatred and blame.

"Yes. Let's do it that way. If there's a time when we stop loving each other, just take it as we are not meant to be together. That we did all we could and let's not hate or blame each other," Jingyu adds.

Zhouzhou nods on Jingyu's shoulder. As long as they have each other in their life, they won't experience that hell again. And just as Jingyu said, if they are not meant together, it's not their fault. They can always be friends. 

But deep down Jingyu promises himself that he'll do anything to make their love lasts forever. Zhouzhou also promises himself that he will guard their love and their future together.