Mother

Jingyu's plane to Shanghai has just landed. He has a few things to do but first of all, he needs to call Zhouzhou as always. It's already become their habit to call each other before and after they have a flight.

They didn't flight that much before so at the beginning, with a lot of flight schedule, they could be there for each other. If something happen they are there for each other. But after they have separate schedule, not being on the same flight got them anxious. Calling each other before and after is the only way to calm them down. To make sure nothing happen to the other guy they can't live without.

"You landed. How's the flight?" Zhouzhou sounds happy on the other side of the phone. Jingyu feels blessed he could hear the voice he's fallen in love with again. Though he could still sense tiredness in Zhouzhou's voice. That guy is still in Korea and Jingyu could only suppress his longing as he knows the other guy feels the same.

"It's fine. Nothing special."

"Where will you go first?"

"To your parents. I've gotta say hi at the least." Jingyu keeps his promise to sometimes visit Zhouzhou's parents whenever he is in Shanghai. He's a really good soon to be son-in-law.

"You don't have to. I already told them you will be busy."

"It's fine. I could always make time if it's about you."

Jingyu yawns a little. He feels sleepy after the flight and besides, he's really tired these days. This got Zhouzhou worried.

"Really. You always get the chance to get closer to my parents. But I don't. That's just not fair," Zhouzhou try to sound irritated and persuade Jingyu to cancel his trip to his parent's home.

But this plan seems failed when Jingyu just laughs it off. "Said the guy who always call my parents?"

"That's still different," Zhouzhou sulks for real.

"Listen. My parents love you more than me now. If your parents also side with you, I will be at disadvantage. I do this for my future."

This time Zhouzhou laughs. He can imagines how Jingyu would look right now saying all of that and that image is really cute in his mind.

"When you are dealing with me, they won't be of any help much. You know I always have my way," Zhouzhou teases his boyfriend.

"Well baby, your way is my advantage," Jingyu teases back.

Zhouzhou blushes hearing that. "You shameless." Jingyu laughs hard. He knows Zhouzhou must feel embarrassed if he call him names.

"Zhou, I need to get going now. And I'm visiting your parents. That's final. I'll call you later."

"Whatever," Zhouzhou gives in.

— — —

Zhouzhou's parents welcome Jingyu into their home. They already met Jingyu a few times and know his relationship with their son. They treat that big guy as their own son. And they are so glad to hear about Zhouzhou from him. As Zhouzhou's parent, they know his son won't tell them everything in case they will get worry. So, from now on they can always ask Jingyu and they entrust their son in his hand.

"Uncle, Auntie," Jingyu says hi.

"If you told me earlier, I could prepare something for you," Zhouzhou's mom only prepare a few dishes today.

"It's fine. Today I won't be long. I have another appointment after this."

"Come on then. Let's eat first," Zhouzhou's father asks Jingyu to eat with them.

Jingyu gladly follows them and enjoy his meal. They didn't talk much because Zhouzhou's parent want Jingyu to eat peacefully. They know he'll work again after this and they could meet again later.

After they finished their meal and Zhouzhou's mom put the plates away, they begin to talk. Waiting for the time Jingyu needs to go.

"How's Zhouzhou? Is he okay?" Zhouzhou's mom always worry for her son.

"He's fine. Don't worry. I nag him a lot to take care of himself."

They all laugh due to Jingyu's answer. Zhouzhou really deserves a lot of nagging. He won't take care of himself without someone nagging at him. They all know that.

"Then, how's your relationship? Everything's good?" this time Zhouzhou's father asks.

"Ah, yes, yes. Everything's good."

"You two can't see each other often right?"

"Yes, but we always talk on the phone. And we are both prepared for this. Don't worry."

"Good. As long as you keep in touch and being sincere to one another, everything will be fine."

Jingyu is really glad that Zhouzhou's parent could accept them. With both of their parents' blessing, he doesn't need to be scared anymore. He just needs to do his best to protect the one he cares about. He won't back down and feels like he has the world already in his hand.

"How long will you stay in Shanghai this time?"

"For a while."

"Then, please come here more often. I will cook for you."

"You don't have to," Jingyu is flustered.

"It's fine. She likes cooking and it feels like our son is home when you're here. Please come more often."

Having both of Zhouzhou's parent inviting him, he couldn't say no. Although he knows Zhouzhou won't like it too much, he can't defy these two people who gave life to Zhouzhou. The person he loves the most ever.

Jingyu thinks about something to give them as a thank you. Zhouzhou mentioned before that they used to have a dog. That his parents really love pet. Seeing they probably feel a little bit lonely, having a pet would be good for them. It will keep them occupied as well so they don't worry too much about their son.

"I will try to come often. But please don't prepare too much. I don't know if I could come everyday."

"Fine. Just come when you have free time. We'll just have a simple warm meal together."

Jingyu feels a bit relief since he won't be troubling his boyfriend's parent.

"Oh, that's right. You should call your mother. She said you didn't call her lately."

That caught Jingyu off guard. He never thought his parents are in touch with Zhouzhou's parents. He never gave them their contact information. And he could swear Zhouzhou would never do that as well. They just want to take it slow. There's still no plan to let their parents meet or do anything together.

"T-that's... I've been too busy."

"Both of you are just the same. Remember, even when you two are so busy, please take care of yourself and don't forget about us. We, parents, will always worry about our children."

"Y-yes," Jingyu politely answers.

"But I see that you're not too busy to call each other," Zhouzhou's mom teases Jingyu who blushes instantly.

"Auntie," Jingyu feels guilty for some reasons.

"Hahaha. I'm just joking. But please call us once in a while."

"Sure. But... how did you?"

"Her phone number? We already exchanged our number back then. But we never knew we will be this close."

"Back then?"

"When you two were still filming. Your mother contacted me first. She got my number from the staff if I'm not mistaken."

Jingyu just nods slowly while putting everything together. He didn't know any of that. And he's sure Zhouzhou didn't know as well. Just how close are they? He will tell Zhouzhou about this later.