Time Passes

Jingyu and Zhouzhou love for each other is still going strong than ever. Sure they had ups and downs but they always find a way to get back together stronger. In fact, every bickers and fights they had only made their love stronger. 

The ban is still there and they both are still upset whenever they think about it. Just think about it. Every other couple from boys love movie or series has their chance to be lovey-dovey with each other in public. Who knows how many of them are real couples. Yet no one seems to mind their gestures. 

They could still appear in public together which Jingyu and Zhouzhou couldn't. They know they'd create an uproar once they're seen hanging out together. And once they did, people will remember their banned series, how they look good together, and everything else that got them banned in the first place. Really, it's just not fair because it only applied to them.

Those couples, whether real or not, have their chance to work together again. It's been more than a year but Jingyu still can't work with Zhouzhou. No one says the ban is still in place. No one also says the ban is lifted. But for Jingyu and Zhouzhou, the ban will always be there as long as they're still working in the industry.

If the ban is still there, they can't work together. They can't appear together. It's just the way things work with the ban around. But even if the ban is lifted and they could work together, the risk is just as high. Once they do work together people will talk again. And there's no guarantee there will be a new ban. 

Jingyu and Zhouzhou spend their day off together just like what they always do. They watch viral videos and have a good laugh together. They enjoy their moment together until they stumble upon a video about another boys love series fan meeting. 

"Do you think they are together?" Zhouzhou mumbles his question.

"Who knows. Does it matter? They must be so happy if they are together. They will still be happy even if they're not. Just look at them together," there's no trace of a smile left on Jingyu's handsome face.

Zhouzhou snuggles closer to Jingyu's body and seeks the warmth that always comforts him. He's a liar if he said he doesn't envy the sweet couples on screen.

"If we go out and say we're just friend, can we be free like them? Just saying we give fan service or something, can we appear together?"

Jingyu hugs the smaller guy closer. He knows the mood just went to worse. "It's been so long, Jingyu. Why is it only us?" Zhouzhou complains on his boyfriend's chest.

"At least we have each other," Jingyu tries to comfort himself as well. He doesn't have the answer but he never regrets his choice and he knows Zhouzhou won't either.

"I know. But I just want to be together with you. Without being afraid to be seen. I mean, our gender should be our advantages. It's not fair."

Hearing his lover's complaint, Jingyu couldn't help but chuckle a little. In normal circumstances, if they play normal characters, they could just appear in public together and no matter how close they are together, people will think they are just a great and a close friend. Even if their fans ship them, they won't be banned.

But things happened and this is their path. They don't know why they have to go through this path but there's no going back.

"It should be our advantages but I guess we're just too good when we're together and no matter what happens, people will realize that we belong together. We're made for each other."

"You got a point there," Zhouzhou also chuckles. "I just hate it because it's unfair."

Jingyu caresses Zhouzhou's arm in a comforting way. When stuff like this happens, they could only comfort each other. 

"Wait," Zhouzhou sits up suddenly and surprised his lover. "What if we get ourselves a girlfriend?"

"What?!" Jingyu can't hide the anger in his voice. 

"No, listen to me. If we get ourselves a girlfriend, people will talk about it. And eventually, it's fine if we meet up outside. In fact, it'll be fine if we go on a double date. I mean, we can just pretend to have a girlfriend. There's no harm in it."

Zhouzhou thinks he found a really great idea. In fact, he's been thinking about it. About how they could be together in public again. Hiding from the world is just never easy. It's tiring. 

He wouldn't mind people question their relationship. He wouldn't mind people believe they are together. He wouldn't mind if people question whether it's just a fan service or real. He wouldn't mind any of them if only he and Jingyu could just do it.

It's starting to get suffocating when the only choice they have is either coming out or hiding. Why can't they just be together without confirming any of it. Why can't they just lie about it. A lot of celebrities do that.

"I don't think that's a good idea. People will get angrier once they found out. And what will happen later when we decided to come out?" Jingyu tries to be as reasonable as possible.

"But..." Zhouzhou looks down and stares into his lap like there's something interesting there. "If we just hang out with girls. We don't need to say they're our girlfriends..."

"Zhou," Jingyu cuts in and holds his lover's hands. "I just want to be true to ourselves. We managed so far. We don't need to go out. We can always spend time together like always."

"But I want to go out with you," a tear streams down the beautiful guy's cheek.

"Zhouzhou, love, I want that too. But we need to be strong for our future. I still want us to be together in the future."

"Whatever. I'm just sick of this. I need time alone."

Zhouzhou stands up and grabs his stuff before he opens the door. He's just sick of lying to the world either way. Lying he has a girlfriend is still better than this situation. Hiding like this is also lying in a way and it's starting to get to him. If he can only lie, why can't lie for a better situation?

Jingyu tries to stop him from leaving but he's also in pain and he doesn't know what to do to ease this pain for either of them. He knows what Zhouzhou's thinking but he's scared. Their situation is already more than complicated and it's not easy. He's scared that a little change will ruin everything. 

To be honest, his hope is decreasing with each passing day. He couldn't find any solution. He couldn't see the end of this tunnel they're in. As time passes, it feels like their future is going bleaker. He just hopes this will be like any of their bickerings and they'll get back together soon.