Friend?

Zhouzhou and Jingyu never said the word "I love you" or "I like you" directly to each other. That words feel weird to be said out loud between them. At least now they know what they both feel, though no one knows what to do with it. It's their first time having to deal with this kind of situation. Being in boys love movie and read one novel won't help much in real life. So they decided to play safe and just let if flow naturally.

They stay as friend. That's what they chose to do anyway. The only difference is, sometimes they also talk about their feeling and show it openly between themselves. They are both still young and quick witted. They know they can't be reckless with this.

Being friends is considered a safe zone. But they also let their heart takes over. If there's a line that should not be crossed between friends, they decided not to think too much. They just let the time give them the answer. As long as they respect and understand each other, they just want to be free and live the moment. It's not that they don't care what the future brings, it's just the present is far more beautiful to be wasted on worrying. They don't want to risk losing each other because of some stupid fear. In a way, they are just young, bold, and stubborn.

But to make matter worst, the government ban their series and the situation isn't that simple either.

Zhouzhou was scribbling a new song when Jingyu called.

"Hey, what's up?" Zhouzhou lighten up.

"Have you eaten?"

"You're calling to check up on me again?" Jingyu has been nagging a lot since they accepted their feeling and it's not that pleasant to Zhouzhou's ear. He likes the fact Jingyu's worried about him and it's just his expression of love, but at the same time, he almost feels like it's all they ever talk about.

"Well, if you promise to eat properly I won't be this worried, will I? And I'm... kinda miss you today."

Zhouzhou's trying hard not to burst laughing. He bites his own lips and cover it with his two fingers.

Nowadays, Jingyu is more passionate with his words. It feels different for Zhouzhou because right now he knows those words are really meant for him. Those words are Jingyu's sincere feeling. Zhouzhou escapes with just a smile. A big one.

"That's more like it. Don't worry, I'll eat right after this."

They both stay silent for a while. Seems like they could hear each other's breath across the phone. And that's also fine for them.

"So, do you hear any news from CJD jie?"

"Nope. But let's just keep our faith in her. She'll be fine."

"What will we do if there's really no new season?" Jingyu keeps asking.

"We just do our other jobs properly. What else?"

Jingyu stops talking. Suddenly Zhouzhou realise what that guy meant. With no new season, they probably won't work together that much. Let's see the fact here, they kept appearing together because of the series. Without it, they probably will go their own way sooner. And will they be able to show much love in public like they did so far? They will definitely need to hold back.

"Even without it, we'll be fine. Right now, aren't we just Zhouzhou and Jingyu? Why do we care about Gu Hai and Bai Luo Yin? Wait, do you miss Bai Luo Yin?" he tries to make some jokes.

Now it's Jingyu who laughs hard. Jingyu too, is still not used to hearing sweet words from Zhouzhou. He feels happy when he hear it but it just feels new. Zhouzhou is definitely not Bai Luo Yin who's penny pincher with sweet word. That difference is really cute in Jingyu's eyes.

His laughter makes Zhouzhou burst into laugh as well. They both laugh hard like there's no tomorrow.

After they finally able to stop their laughters, Jingyu speaks, "We're like a couple now."

"You want to change the deal?"

Hesitate for a while, "Nope. We're fine. For now."

Zhouzhou likes to challenge Jingyu with words, but he's relieved that Jingyu stick to their deal. The thought of them being in a love relationship is still weird for them. Well, who knows when his words will finally bite him back.