Contact

After Zhouzhou has time to think about his own feelings and decision, he admits to himself that he really misses Jingyu. He misses Jingyu so much. He misses his voice. He misses his touch. And especially his love.

He wonders why he chose to leave his love. He must be so stupid and crazy back then. But when looking at the circumstances back then, he must be really tired. With his personality, their relationship was burdening him badly. It's really suffocating him.

But he also realizes that being away from Jingyu doesn't help. He still suffocates though it's for a different reason. And his life is just mess up and it's like he's living in hell. He's hurting every day no matter what he does.  

He won't say it's fate or destiny or that the universe is helping them to get back together. But meeting people and working on his album, he realizes how stupid he was. He knows he'll regret it for the rest of his life if he gives up while they're still completely in love.

Just like Li said, he shouldn't give it up because of the uncertain future. Who knows what their future is. All that matter is they want to be together right now. Right this second. 

So Zhouzhou grabs his phone as searches for Jingyu's number. He finally decides to call that guy. He will be the first to initiate the contact since he's the one who's running away.

He's so scared that Jingyu won't pick up his call. Thankfully it's not the case.

"Zhou?" Jingyu answers confused by the sudden call. Zhouzhou can't remember how he lives his life when he can't hear that voice. "Is everything alright?" that silly guy worries.

"Yes. No. I mean, I'm not okay since we broke up. I miss you so much."

Jingyu doesn't answer right away but then says, "I miss you too."

"I know you're busy and everything. But I just need to hear your voice. I need to talk to you, Jingyu," Zhouzhou blabbers all of his feelings since he doesn't really know how to start mending their relationship. Should he just say 'let's get back together'? Should he apologize first? Oh, that's right. "I'm sorry for leaving you. I'm sorry I ran away from us. I'm really sorry."

"Zhou, it's okay. You don't need to blame yourself," Jingyu cuts the little guy's speech.

"No. It's my fault. I was so angry but I didn't know who or what to blame. It's killing me since I can't express it well. I'm also scared about our future. I'm scared about what will happen to us. What if we broke up in the end? What if we couldn't chase our dream again? What if we started to hate and blame each other? What if we got too busy and grew apart? What if we met someone else along the way? What if we only hurt each other? And mostly, what if we're just not meant to be?"

Zhouzhou starts to feel tingling in his throat. He tells himself to be strong. He needs to talk about it properly and he shouldn't cry and makes Jingyu worries.

"But after I left you, I realize that I don't want anyone else. No one can replace you. Not in my life. And especially not in my heart. I just want you, Jingyu."

Jingyu listens attentively and he covers his mouth with his hands so Zhouzhou can't hear his sobbing sound. He can't let Zhouzhou knows how broken he is right now because of their breakup. He just can't let that little guy blame himself more than he already did.

"I'm lucky to have you in my life. I'm lucky to have met you. I will never regret the time we spent together. I won't give up on our love. I will fight for our love. I will not get scared of the future again. I just want to do everything with you. I want to walk this path with you so that no matter what will happen in the future, we won't have any regret. I'm really sorry for my cowardice, Jingyu. Please give me another chance."

Jingyu can't believe he just heard all of that. He thinks he's dreaming but he feels the pinch on his arm. He thinks he's hallucinating because of the booze but he just opens his first can. 

"Jingyu, I love you. Please say something," Zhouzhou begs Jingyu to say something because right now he's really scared. He's afraid the other guy moved on already. And what if it's just too late for him and Jingyu won't forgive him. Well, he decided he won't give up. Not unless Jingyu's really happy without him.

"You know you're not fair. Suddenly called me and said all that."

"I know. I'm really sorry I'm so selfish. But please tell me you still love me," Zhouzhou tries to get the answer he wants to hear.

"Just what do you think of my love? You think I moved on? Of course I still love you. I never love you less," Jingyu sounds angry to hide his embarrassment and cries.

Zhouzhou smiles so big hearing that answer. Although he's not comfortable with JIngyu's tone of answering, he can only hear Jingyu still loves him. And that's the only thing that matters.

"So, will you give me another chance? I won't mess up this time," Zhouzhou promises Jingyu and also himself.

Jingyu pauses by that question. He wants to just say yes. But he knows their relationship is still complicated. 

"I think we need to talk face to face, Zhou. When we're apart, I have a lot of thinking. And I believe you did too. We need to talk seriously before we decide what to do."

Both Jingyu and Zhouzhou stay silent after Jingyu's sentence. 

"I just don't think it will be good for us to decide on impulse. Even if I want it so bad, I think we need to think this through," JIngyu continues.

Zhouzhou clears his throat to get his cool back. "Of course. I also think we need to talk. Sorry I just can't think straight and rush into things."

"No, Zhou. It's fine. Let's just take it slow this time," Jingyu comforts the other guy and they realize how much they miss that kind of interaction. The interaction that only belongs to them.