Separation

Jingyu opens his tired eyes and just stays still in his bed. There's an empty expression on his face. It supposed to be their bed but there's only coldness beside him. He can still feel the lingering of his lover's warmth, or should he say his ex-lover now.

He remembered their last conversation before going to bed.

Jingyu spooned Zhouzhou from behind. They are both tired. They are both tired of crying and the hole they're stuck in. "Zhou," he called his lover softly, afraid the other guy's already asleep.

"Hmm," Zhouzhou made a small voice. He's not sleeping. He couldn't sleep. He knew they wouldn't be able to sleep easily tonight.

"I know I said I won't leave and I'll let you leave. But..." he's starting to doubt what he's going to say. 

"But what?" the beautiful guy turned his body around and faced his lover.

Jingyu forced a smile so he wouldn't seem so sad. At least he didn't want to make his still lover feel bad. "But let's make a bet one last time. If you're still here when I wake up, I won't let you go."

Zhouzhou startled by the sudden conversation and just smiled. He had no energy left to do something. "Sure. Then I hope you'll wake up early."

Jingyu nodded and pulled the other guy closer. They stayed in each other embrace for hours before they both fell asleep. They really needed that sleep.

"So he's gone," Jingyu mutters to himself, still no expression on his face. His heart is breaking to pieces right now that he could almost swear he heard it with all the silence in his place.

A tear falls down into his ear and gone just like the wind. Just one tear that he allows himself to cry for this separation because it's neither his nor Zhouzhou's fault. He's tired of blaming his situation so he will stop. He's already gone anyway so there's no point in getting angry. 

He makes up his mind because he knows he will need to walk his own path now. Alone. And in pain.

 -- -- --

Zhouzhou arrives at his own bedroom. At his own place. It will be his own place starting today. 

He falls on his bed and feels tired all of a sudden. He remembers what he just did.

He woke up earlier than his lover. They're still lovers. It's all up to him whether they'll stay that way or not. Deep down he wished Jingyu would wake up earlier but there he was.

He could still wait for Jingyu to wake up. Then he knew the big guy will stop him. Just like their last bet, they wouldn't need to go their own separate ways. But then his expression turned serious.

Jingyu's still sleeping peacefully. Zhouzhou had no heart to wake the other guy up. And it's his time to make the choice. He couldn't let Jingyu go through any more than this. If he woke up and tried to stop him, he knew he'll stay. But then it will all repeat again.

Zhouzhou stared at his lover again. He knew they would turn into ex-lovers soon. After who knows how long he stared, he tried his best to get up without waking the other guy. He would hate it the most if Jingyu saw him leaving. That's the last thing he wanted. 

But he also thought that fate really played them well along the way he's leaving the bed. First, they're brought together by fate. They never asked to know each other or played together. At least not that way. Perhaps it's better if they're met as friends but fate put them into a different situation.

Once they're together, fate made them apart with that stupid ban. Why did they have to meet and fall hard if fate would bring them apart so soon?

And now, fate could just help them by waking Jingyu up first but no. It decided to wake Zhouzhou up and there's no sign the other would wake up soon. It's like fate wouldn't want them together. But once again, why did they have to meet in the first place then?

Zhouzhou takes a deep breath. He's hurting inside and it's hurting more because he knows Jingyu will too when he wakes up. Does he wake up now?

Then his mind goes to work. A lot of things run in his mind right now. That's right, he needs to pack his lover, no, his ex's stuff. Jingyu will need his clothes at least. But he can't face him yet. He'll just tell his manager to take the stuff.

What will Jingyu thinks if he didn't bring it over himself? But he's not supposed to go there anymore. He can't go there anymore. Should he just call him? But there's nothing left to talk about. Actually, there are a lot of things to talk about. But it won't end well.

A lot of stuff on his mind before he notices that everything's about one guy. He breaks down in tears once that thought sinks in.

"Sorry, Jingyu. I'm sorry."