Album 3

Zhouzhou has another meeting with Li Nianhe. Well, it's almost like Li will bombard him with questions to get something out of the little guy for the lyric of the new song. Not that Zhouzhou knows the other's plan or minds it.

"So, Zhou. Since this album is about heartbreak, I have an idea about it. A new angle to make it special. But I need to ask you some stuff so you'll feel more connected to the song," Li asks for permission.

"Okay, I guess. Anything to make the song better."

Li nods, "Well, first of all, there must be something different about your love life for you once you become a celebrity. I won't pry too much, you can just answer it as you see fit."

Zhouzhou startles by the question. About his love life? Really? Is it okay if he talks about it?

Seeing Zhouzhou doesn't answer, Li continues, "Just speak about it in general. It must be harder for a celebrity to have a normal relationship."

Zhouzhou gulps. He readies himself to answer. It will be awkward if he stays silent for a minute longer.

"Well, I suppose it is harder. A lot of people want to make it their business. I'm okay with that but sometimes it's like they forget I also need privacy. They need to respect me for it though."

"Of course. So, how do you deal with it?" Li is sincerely curious.

"I- I mean, right now I'm focused on my career," Zhouzhou tries to hide the pain of his breakup. "And you know, we can only get used to it. To people meddling in our business. It's something normal in this industry."

Li laughs. "That's true. In this industry, we can only get used to it. Especially if we become more famous in this field, we'll have to get used to a lot of things."

"Yes. We just need to do the best to reach the top in this industry. To leave our name behind or something," Zhouzhou light the conversation with a bit of his joke. This is one of the reasons for his breakup, they both will reach the top of this industry and everything will be much harder if they're together.

"Well, I wish you luck."

"Thanks. It has been my biggest dream so it feels like I'm living my dream now."

"So what about love? You really don't care about love right now?" Li asks the important question.

There are a shock and sadness on Zhouzhou's face but he hides them just as fast as it's shown. Hopefully, Li doesn't catch him. "I don't think I have time for that right now. I have to focus on this. Like I said, it's my biggest dream."

Thankfully Li sees behind Zhouzhou's mask. "But Zhou, dreams change. I think you'll understand it if you find your love," Li tries to fish more information.

"What do you mean?"

Li smiles and answers with another question. "Let me put it this way. What do you do all of these for? Who do you chase your dream for?"

Zhouzhou gets confused by the questions but he contemplates the question nevertheless. "Well, of course I do this for me and my family. I'm living my dream for me and I can take care of my family if I succeed."

"That's obvious. But then, right at the end of the day, don't you think it's lonely if there's no one to share it with?" Zhouzhou nods reluctantly since he remembers Jingyu and it hurts him again. "That's why I hope even though you focus on your dream, don't neglect love when you find it. Everyone needs someone to share their life."

"What if it only makes everything's harder?" Zhouzhou loses his mask and just shows his pain. He finds, well, he found love. And he just neglected it for his dream.

Li's shocked seeing the expression on the usual charismatic guy. Li decided to be as wise as possible since Zhouzhou doesn't say much about the pain he's going through. "Well, nothing's more painful than losing your love. You can regret a lot of things. But you'll regret it the most once you lost your love."

"But there's no guarantee everything will work out in the end. What if it doesn't work? What if it ruins everything? We'll just hurt each other," Zhouzhou chokes up on his own tears he tries to keep inside.

"I'm not sure about your situation. But if you love someone, I think you need to fight for it. Everyone in love knows nothing about their future. They just believe it will last. And I think, the best thing to do is just do your best until time gives the answer. So there will be no regrets."

Tears fall down on Zhouzhou's cheek and Li grabs the other guy's hand tightly to comfort him. "I can't help you make your choice. But Zhou, don't let yourself be in so much pain just because of a future you know nothing about."

Zhouzhou sobs hard and he really does regret his choice of leaving Jingyu. He never wants to leave Jingyu. He never wants to hurt that silly guy. His boyfriend. His love. And he thinks he needs to live with that regret for the rest of his life.

What Li said makes him think. He gives away his happiness and love for his future. But what will he find in his future? What if his dream changed? Then what did he leave Jingyu for? What's the point of success if he's hurting inside?

"Listen, Zhou, just don't ever forget what do you do everything for. Even if it's for you, it is for your happiness. Don't throw away your happiness because you're scared of the future. And all of these, your album, your career, your success, they mean nothing if you are not happy."

"But it's too late. I ruined everything," Zhouzhou stares at Li's eyes and it's like he unconsciously begs for help.

"Nothing's ever too late if it's true love. You can fix everything as long as you don't give up. And if it doesn't work out, it's not true love and you'll find someone else. Just be brave, okay? And, even if you get used to a lot of things as you get more famous, don't trade your love for it. Trust me, it's not worth it."

Zhouzhou cries his heart out and Li just let him be. "I really miss him. I want to see him. I need him. I want to meet him. I want to go home to him and love him," the little guy says between his sobs so it's difficult to understand. Both of them don't mind it.

After Zhouzhou calms down, Li says, "Well, I guess I know what I will write about. I hope this song can give you the courage to run to your love. And to fight for your love."

"Thanks, Li. I can't wait to hear the song you write."