Professional

As schedule, today is the first fan meeting. Jingyu is really nervous. Not entirely because of the fan meeting itself. Half of his nervousness stream from the fact that he almost, or even already, confessed his feeling.

He knows for certain Zhouzhou is not stupid. That guy probably found out his feeling back then. He couldn't take back his words, and thinking about it now, he really needs to get away from that guy. As fast as possible. Before he falls deeper and it's too late to leave. So he never regretted it. He just doesn't know what kind of face to show Zhouzhou now.

These couple days felt like hell. He didn't want to contact Zhouzhou but secretly waiting for him. But the call or messages never came. That's why Jingyu is so certain Zhouzhou found out about his feeling, or confusion, and uncomfortable because of it. He still hopes his feeling is just influenced by the filming and time will wash it away. He still can't accept being in love with another man.

He wants to remain by Zhouzhou's side and he won't be able to do it with this feeling, he thought to himself. The possibility of his feeling is mutual never cross his mind. He always see Zhouzhou as an easy going person and there's no special meaning behind his friendliness.

So the cat and mouse game starts. Jingyu tries to avoid Zhouzhou as long as he could, even though he said it himself to keep it professional.

Zhouzhou isn't that much different. His feeling is not that easy to accept and he doesn't know what to do. So he decided to keep it professional too. For now.

But that one word, professional, it's easier said than done. What's the border of being professional? In this fan meeting, do they appear as Huang Jingyu and Zhouzhou or Gu Hai and Bai Luo Yin? That question still lingers.

Without choosing it properly, the fan meeting begins. Jingyu kept his distance since the start. Guess he chose to be himself.

"You wanna keep a distance? Seriously? The fans probably wants to see some Gu Hai and Bai Luo Yin's interaction," Zhouzhou thought silently.

Seeing Jingyu is dead set with his choice, Zhouzhou plays along. He respects Jingyu's action and keeps his distance as well. But sometimes he also tries to make some interactions. Let's be honest, people come to see them together as in 'together'.

After trying to make some interactions for a few times, that silly guy finally get it.

"If you want to be professional, then play your role properly," Jingyu feels like Zhouzhou is saying it with his eyes. At least, they can still communicate with their eyes.

So they throw some fan service every now and then. For the whole time they are on stage, they use their head, not involving their heart. They thought about when will they give fan service, when will they keep their distance. Their inside is really tired because of it, and such a mess too. They don't feel connected, even when they are interacting together. They keep themselves in check and too focus in being professional instead.

The other members see the fake acting. They are not like their usual selves. Not knowing what happen, they try their best to adapt and not making them obvious. Well, it's their first fan meeting, nothing's perfect and they must learn to adapt quickly.

After so much struggle, it's time to end the fan meeting. Fans' enthusiasm really get to them. Tears start to running, and some kept it inside.

Finally, they will sing the last song. Zhouzhou is touched by the fans and his mind is just too tired. For this last performance, his heart kicks some action. Yes, he imagines himself singing for Jingyu and he loses sense of everything else. He's just so immersed in the song and his feeling. He doesn't even realise he change the song lyric.

But Jingyu notices it and it got him by surprise.

"What the hell? What did you just do?" he thought to himself.

He tries to keep his composure but failed. First, he's tired playing a pro. Second, the fans' enthusiasm overwhelm him. And last but not least, there's a thin line of hope inside of him screaming, "Are you singing to me? Are you saying it to me?"

So the tears start to fall from the corner of his eyes.

Soon after, the fan meeting ends and they meet back stage. Still keeping their so called professionalism.

"Did you forget the lyric?"

Zhouzhou sees Jingyu is talking to him and he just answer with confused look.

"The last song. You changed the lyric. Did you intentionally..." Jingyu got cut.

"Did I? I didn't realise."

Jingyu looks a bit disappointed. His thin line of hope, he probably needs to cut it loose soon.

"I just remember, I sang while thinking about you. What did I sing?"

Jingyu looks at Zhouzhou eyes. Looking for a trace of joke but there's none. His mouth is open but no words coming out. He can't believe this is happening.

"Do you, do you perhaps... like me?" he asks quietly.

"You guess," Zhouzhou keeps being playful.

Jingyu grab Zhouzhou by the wrist and ask again quietly but with much tension, "Do you like me too?"

There's a small smile created at the corner of Zhouzhou's mouth.

"And what will you do if I do?"

Jingyu never once thought Zhouzhou will have the same feeling. So it's not like a dream comes true. It's more like a gift suddenly drop from heaven. He honestly doesn't know what to do.