Chapter 1 start

Hello beautiful, so this is a sequel to The Ðevil's Mate but you don't have to read the first book to reading this one, it will give you some context for some of the characters but not all of them and the context will be explained to you later. I would suggest reading it first but you don't have to. I update every Wednesday except next because I'm posting the first chapter on a Sunday. This is a commemoration to my new born sister born today. Have a great day! 
________________________________________________________________________________

Bliss pov

I wake up in a dark cave, where am I? I look around and see a small piece of paper that says 'Name bliss, female, age 24, death unknown, and sin unknown' so my name is bliss? I see a light at the other end of the cave. 

I wonder what is it? My feet start to unconsciously move toward the exit to the cave. The light starts to hurt my eyes as I leave the cave. My eyes shut from the brightness, when they open I see fire. Everything around me is fire. 

There is a small rock ledge leading out of the cave to a narrow rock bridge that goes down to a platform where hundreds of people are standing. I look beside the cave I came out of and see many other caves that look exactly like this one, all leading to the same place. 

Might as well go down there, there is nothing behind me. I start walking down the narrow path, it's very steep. So many people... When I get to the bottom I see that all the people are in groups. There is a creature at the bottom looking bored, it has small wings and green skin. 

"Identification" the creature asks, its hand out. "Identification? What's that?" The creature roles its purple eyes and grabs the paper from my hand then starts reading it. 

The creatures eyes go wide and looks back at me "follow me" the creature walks past all the groups of people to a small area that has a circle of red. "Stay in the circle and don't lose your identification." I nod and walk into the circle then the creature gives me my paper and half walks, half flies away. 

It takes them what feels like hours to eventually start grabbing people. They start with the one group far to my right, the farthest group from me.  They bring each and every group forward, some smaller with only a handful of people and some more large, with hundreds of people.

I am the only one in my own group. The Creature comes back when the last person from the group beside me is taken. "Follow me and give me your identification" I follow the creature quietly and give my paper to it. I still don't know where I am and I'm even more confused than I was before. 

I've been taken to a small room that has around five people in it, they all are wearing either a black dress or a plane black shirt and pants. For the first time I look down at myself I have a black dress except at the bottom of my dress there's little white frills that none of the other people have. 

The creature motions me to sit at the last seat available and I do. I'm scared but I don't remember anything so I don't know if this is supposed to be scary although I have a feeling in my stomach like butterflies. I'm so confused what's going on? 

One by one people are called up, the first one to go is a tall white man who has a very distinctive face and a scar running from his cheek to his chin. We all move down one chair so that I'm now in the fifth seat to the entrance where the man went through. The entrance is a bunch of black curtains.

 I hear murmuring coming from the other side but I can't tell what it is, next an African American woman goes next lead by a creature. This creature looks different, it's a lot bigger and looks more like it's made out of stone than flesh, it doesn't have a mouth but two black pits for eyes. 

We continue in this fashion moving down one seat until I'm the only one left in the room. I still hear sounds of murmuring I don't know why, the cloth must be so thick to cover what they are saying. Finally it's my turn and the creature who brought me here leads me out of the room thru the curtains and through a stage like area. Once I'm on the stage I feel metal wrap around my wrist and ankles. 

It holds me in place I try to shout for help but I can't speak, as if there was a piece of cloth covering my mouth. There's a tall looking woman beside me, she looks more like a creature than a human, but her skin is a couple shades to red, her eyes a couple shades to white, and she has a very small thin white tail poking out of her suit.

She takes the paper from the creature that brought me here. I look out from the stage and I see many many figures, there looks to be more than hundreds some are up high in booths some are on the ground sitting in chairs. 

I can't see their faces because the lights are blinding my eyes but I know that there's many people out there. She reads out into a microphone "The human soul name bliss, female, age 24, death unknown, and sin unknown." 

She pauses and looks at me then puts down my paper and speaks to the crowd "She doesn't remember anything about being alive so she is an oddity and a collectible. Until part of her flesh or soul is tasted, her punishment is undecided, shall we start the biding at 10000 hellions."

All of a sudden many voices shout out some low deep voices, some high voices, and some don't even sound like voices just gurgles. The woman who read my paper seems to be able to keep track and calls out the highest bidder. 

"Do I hear 65000?" Fewer voices shootout but they're still too many that I can't pick out. I'm being sold? The woman said death unknown, does that mean I am dead? How did I die?! How did this happen?! In the commotion of my own thoughts and creatures screaming out numbers I hear one strong, husky, and masculine voice shouts out "550000." 

The woman looks shocked "anyone bids higher?" I can't see the man who shouted out but I hear a bunch of mummers and grumbles. No one bids higher. "Sold to Royal Duke General Semja." Wow that's a lot of titles, he's a royal? Isn't duke a given title? So then is he close to the king? And a general? This isn't going to be good for me.

______________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed Vote and comment!!