Chapter 47

Kate's POV

I tried to control my breathing but my chest was rising and falling fast and I placed a hand on my chest, closed my eyes, taking a deep breath through my nose and out through my mouth. I moved my shaking legs and got out of the bedroom and leaned against a wall in the hallway.

I fetched my phone out of my pocket and dialled Niall's number.

"Hey!" He said, cheerfully.

"Niall, you need to come to Zayn and Perrie's right now." I said and he didn't say anything for a second.

"Why, what's wrong?" He said and I breathed deeply.

"Niall, Zayn is unconscious on the living room floor, I think there still could be someone in the house and Perrie's missing." I whispered and heard a noise from down the hallway.

"Niall, please hurry, bring Harry or Liam or Louis or security, just don't come alone." I said.

"I'll be there soon, babe," he said, hanging up. I pressed myself further along the wall and cautiously walked down the hallway from where I heard the noise come from. I paused at a door, closing my hand over the handle and I opened it slowly. I flicked on the lights and looked around the room.

Everything was normal.

Too normal.

I walked further into the room and saw it was a guest bedroom. I looked around again, a bead of sweat rolling down my forehead.

I was certain someone was still here. I could literally feel there presence in this room.

I whirled round quickly as there was a flicker of movement at the doorway. But there was no one there. I quickly ran out into the hallway and ran back down the stairs. I needed to make sure Zayn was okay.

But as I walked into the living room where I left him, he wasn't there.

What the fuck?

"Zayn?" I called out, not expecting him to answer me. I quickly searched the kitchen but he wasn't there.

Now I fucking knew there was someone in the house.

I walked back into the living room and everything was very quiet. I could literally hear the adrenaline rushing through my veins. My breath was starting to come quicker and suddenly something jumped out in front of me.

I screamed and opened my eyes to see Zayn and Perrie's cat, Prada. It looked at me with big eyes and I grabbed my beating heart with both hands. I stroked its fluffy head and it hissed at me, making it's hair go on edge.

No.

Not at me.

At someone behind me.

I saw how it's eyes slotted as it hissed further, backing away from what was behind me. I could sense the friction between me and the mysterious person behind me and I let my breath out shakily, tears starting to spring to my eyes. I clenched my fists together and spun around quickly.

No one was there.

I let my breath out noisily and went into the hallway, gripping the doorway tightly.

"Hello?" I yelled. I couldn't hear anything anymore. I walked back into the kitchen and grabbed a frying pan as it was the first thing that came handy to me. I stood in the kitchen, gripping the frying pan tightly not knowing what or who was in the house to me or what they had done with Zayn and Perrie.

I heard a noise come straight from the living room and I used the door that connected the kitchen to the living room to walk through.

And I ran straight into Harry.