Chapter 30

Kate's POV

An hour passed and the policemen left. I sat on the bed, my leg bouncing up and down as it shook. Niall leant against the wall and kept his face hidden by his hands. Lou was sitting opposite me on the chair, chewing at her fingernails.

"What does this mean now?" Lou asked and I looked up at her and Niall brought his hands down from his face and came and sat beside me on the bed.

"It basically means, we are all in danger," I said and Niall put a hand on my leg, rubbing it reassuringly. Lou sighed and quickly got dressed into sweats and turned to us.

"I'm going to go and find Paul," she said, heading out the door.

Niall and I didn't say anything for a while and I expected that I would cry. But I didn't. I felt Niall wrap an arm around my shoulder and I leant into him. He kissed the side of my head and I wrapped my arms around him, closing my eyes.

Shaun and Matt were still alive.

They would try to come back for us. I knew they would. Shaun wasn't the kind of person to give up easily. I wrapped my arms tighter round Niall, trying to shake the thoughts of him out of my mind.

"It's going to be okay, babe," Niall whispered and I shook my head.

"You don't know that," I said and he sighed.

"I know," he said and he sighed heavily, his chest moving as I leant against it.

"I need to tell Perrie," I said and Niall nodded.

"I'll go tell the boys," he said and we left the room. I walked down to Zayn and Perrie's room and knocked the door. The door opened to reveal Zayn, in training bottoms but he was topless.

"Hey Zayn, can I speak to Perrie for a minute?" I asked and he smiled, nodding.

"Perrie, Kate's at the door!" Zayn yelled and Perrie came out in her onesie, her hair tied up in a tight ponytail.

"Hey there!" She exclaimed, hugging me tightly.

"How's you?" She asked and I nodded.

"I'm okay, but I have... bad news?" I said and her face dropped.

"What is it?" She asked and I sighed, looking at the ground.

"Shaun and Matt are still alive," I said and Perrie's eyes widened.

"What?" She whispered and I nodded.

"It means they could come back for us," I whispered and Perrie grabbed my arm, taking me further down the corridor. We went into a small room that was used to hold extra luggage and clothes. Perrie turned on the light and closed the door, turning to me.

"Kate, I don't think they will be coming for us. I think they will be coming for you." She said and I was nearly sick.

"What?" I said and Perrie nodded.

"Think about it, Shaun almost killed you, but I'm sure he now knows you're not dead. Matt wants to do... things... to you as well. Just think about that," she said and I broke out in a cold sweat because I knew she was right.

"Oh My God," I said and she took my hands lightly in hers, shaking me slightly.

"Look at me," she said and our eyes locked.

"I think you will be safe. We have more security now more than ever. You are going to get extra training by Paul so you should be better than you are now, if that's even possible. Just don't do this one thing. Please, if they take one of us again, don't try and find us. Because that will be what they want." She said and I nodded.