Chapter 16

Zayn's POV

Those bastards.

Why did those bastards take my Perrie?

The show had finished and we were coming off the stage, Harry had his arm around my shoulder and as we approached the rest of the boys I saw Niall sprinting off in direction of the dressing rooms. He must need the toilet. God knows he has a small bladder.

But then the look on Louis' face told me that this was something more.

"Zayn, two guys got in and attacked Perrie and Kate and..." Louis stopped and his face looked like he was trying to put something into the softest way possible.

"They took Perrie." Louis said. And just like that, my whole world shattered. I shrugged Harry's arm off my shoulder and took off in an opposite direction. I heard Louis shout my name but I kept walking. I found a spare dressing room and slammed the door, shutting myself in. I growled, tipping a rail of clothes over that was sat up against the wall. I ripped posters off the walls and tears started to blur my vision.

"Zayn!" Louis yelled, standing in the doorway but I didn't stop. I yelled in frustration, maybe anger or maybe even anguish and threw the leather sofa over. I ran over the wall and punched it and kept throwing punches at it, until my knuckles cracked but I kept, throwing punches anyway, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"ZAYN STOP!" Louis screamed in my face, slapping his hand down onto my shoulder. I flew one final punch in the wall and I slid down onto my knees and started to cry. I cried loudly and Louis wrapped his arms around me. I fisted his denim jacket up in my hands and sniffed, trying to stop the sobs that were escaping my mouth.

"Did... did they take Kate?" I sniffed, not wanting to try to cope with Niall being upset. Niall being upset would stab him right in the chest where his heart had already been stolen....

"No," Louis said, "they left her handcuffed to a railing, I think," Louis said and I nodded. At least Kate was safe.

I hiccuped and another warm tear rolled down my cheek.

"Don't worry, Zayn, we will find her," Louis whispered and I couldn't help but let the bad thoughts rush through my mind.

What if we didn't find her?

What if they hurt her?

What if...?

What if, Perrie, my world, was gone?

Kate's POV

Niall placed a warm cup of coffee in my hand and I gave him a small smile. It warmed my shaking palms up as security where still rushing around, trying to find some solution to what happened thirty minutes ago. The police department in Boston had helicopters and cars out over every inch of the city and they still couldn't find her.

I shook my head and took a sip of the coffee. It slightly burned my tongue but that didn't bother me. Lou sat on the sofa opposite me, her eyeliner smudged, her hair, lying around her shoulder when she pulled it out of its bun a few moments ago. My legs were shaking but the shaking subsided when Niall wrapped his large hand around my knee.

"You okay?" Niall whispered and I didn't reply. Was I okay? It's my freaking fault Perrie is missing.

"Are you cold?" He said and I nodded. I was quite cold. Or maybe it was from shock that I was shaking. Niall took his jumper off, giving it to me which left him in vest top. I put his jumper on and smelled his aftershave that clung to the fibres. Harry and Liam stood against the wall, not saying anything. Liam had started crying for Zayn but he had stopped, his eyes red and puffy.

"Guys," Paul said coming into the room.

"We are going to head off," he said, putting a hand over his eyes and rubbing them.

"Have you found anything?" I asked but Paul's tired look and his expression told me otherwise.

"No, we haven't," he said and I looked at Niall. He took my hand and Paul sighed.

"Look, Zayn and Louis are already on the tourbus, just take everything you need, you can leave the stuff for the show here," he said, leaving the room. Niall put his arm around my shoulder as we walked out of the dressing room. We reached the tourbus and I saw Zayn and Louis sitting on one of the sofas. They stood up when they saw Niall and I come onto the bus. Niall ran towards Zayn and he engulfed him in a hug. Niall stepped back from Zayn and I walked forward to him.

"Zayn..." I was cut off when he hugged me, tightly.

"At least your okay," Zayn whispered and my heart shattered into a million pieces. How could he say that? His girlfriend has been kidnapped and he is saying he's glad that I'm alright? We pulled apart and I gave him a small smile and Niall and I headed down to the back of the tourbus, near the bunks. Niall switched on the TV and, of course, the headline story on the news was about Perrie's kidnapping. He quickly switched it off again. He came and sat down, wrapping his arms around me.

"Niall," I mumbled.

"Yes?" He asked, tilting my chin to look at him with his finger.

"I'm scared." I whispered. I wasn't going to lie. I was absoultly terrified. I was terrifeid for Perrie. I was terrified for the boys. I was terrified for Niall.

I was terrified for me.

I will find you, babe.

Matt's words kept echoing around my mind and I gripped Niall's forearm a little tighter.

"It's okay, it's over now," Niall hushed in my ear.

"No," I said, sitting up a little.

"What do you mean?" he said and I sighed.

"They said they were coming back for me." I said and Niall's eyes widened.

"What?" He said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"They took Perrie and before they left, he... he told me he was coming back for me and... I'm so scared Niall, I'm scared," I said, a warm tear rolling down my cheek. Niall wrapped his arms around me and gasped heavily as more tears rolled down my face.

"They're not going to touch you," he said, his chin resting on my head. I hugged him tightly as he muttered reassuring words in my ear.

I had broke. My encounter with Matt and Lee had just opened my eyes to how vulnerable I really am.

But I can sure as hell tell you one thing now.

Over my dead body, they are not going to take someone else.