38; cupboard

"So how was your night with Zach?" Corbyn says smirking under his blonde hair, bowl of cereal on his lap, his fifth may I add. Don't blush Abigail, don't do it. Cautiously and slyly I pull my hair from behind my ears to cover my cheeks which surely will be read. Last night had been amazing as weird as it sounds, the swim, the rest that followed... the morning, the quick breakfast stop they made to iHop and the cute little kisses Zach kept leaving on her face, neck or shoulders which were bare from her off the shoulder white shirt.

"It was very. nice."

"Mmmm nice? Is that all?" She nodded briskly standing up from the outside chair grabbing her empty plate which used to have multiple bright fruit lined on it that Daniel had made. Zach had pushed the large wood door open when they got home holding onto my little hand and as quiet as we were the boys were all sitting at the bench stiles waiting for us with questions we both ignored and went straight up to his bedroom. Ma and Pa had come around but only an hour in to their visit, Pa needed to go to work again and Ma decided she would head to the boutique.

"ABBEY!? WHAT HAPPENED?!" Picking up the speed I walk into the kitchen putting my plate in the sink walking faster and faster.

"SOMEONE CATCH ABBEY!" He screams running into the kitchen but I was already nearly in a jogging state up the stairs.

"Zach!? Help!" I run into his room but he's not there but Jonah relaxed on his bed. "Where's Zach!?"

"Woah, I asked him to go get pretzels and he did." I think a million explosions happening in my brain, Corbyn was going to work out me and he's going to find me.

"B!? I'm coming for youuuuuu" Jonah cocks his eyebrow in a question but I've already left the room trying to think of a hiding spot. I don't want to talk about last night, that's between Zach and I. Even if I said that they would weasel in and find the answers the wanted, this always happened. Footsteps are thundering towards me and I knew it was more the just Corbyn and Jack. I hear a screech from Jonah knowing they are all after me and of course Zach was gone. I run as softly but as quickly as I can.

"Argh! My shirt!" I whisper as it hooks onto the equipment cupboard's door. As I unhook it the door opens and I realise it was meant to be. Sliding in I shut the door quietly but quickly and a minute later grunts and feet are passing me, I breathe out knowing they had gone.

Ab💗:
The boys want to know. Now I'm trapped in the equipment cupboard. Pls hurry up x

Zachy❤️:
What in the world!? Don't tell them. I'll be home in 15 minutes x

15 minutes!? 900 seconds!? Hiding in this cupboard that smelled of old rubber and sweat!? I wanted to groan in agony as I sat down next to the hola hoops which I couldn't work out for the life of me Why they had them, probably one of Corbyn's infamous impulsive buys. The yells continued and they ran past constantly for 10 minutes but all I did was hold my breath in specific times and play Sudoku on my phone as I had nothing else to ease the pain of my aching back, bum and nose.

"Did you hear that?"

"I think I did... was that the front door"

"JONAH PUT ME DOWN YOU MONSTER"

"Yep it was the front door, let's get Zach first!" I inch back into the cupboard realising what the conversation meant. 10 minutes and I would be found, terrorised, interrogated, put to bed, not really the last I just thought it sounded cool. I made sure not to giggle at my thought when I remember the night that Zach and I were thrown and held onto the couch when we had gone on our night sky chipotle date. For boys not that tall they all scared the fuck out of me when they wanted information.