4; sk8ter boi

Mondays.
Mondays.
Mondays.
Mondays.
Ugh why do Mondays exist?
The disadvantages of online schooling comes into play on Mondays of loneliness, boredom and dullness. Ma was out at the boutique which she was currently running providing people with different clothing and accessories. Pa was out working extremely hard at the office. What was I doing? I have no idea, what would a 16 year old girl do by herself? I finished my schooling early this morning at 10am and now hours on end but the hand only just ticked 3pm. The Californian sun was beaming in through my attic window, the light hitting my crystals that hung on the window handle sending rainbows through my room and over my face. I'd been mesmerised for half an hour at the beautiful colours lined against my face. My music played softly in the background compared to my stronger style just some simple acoustic tunes played out of the speaker. My ripped off the shoulder white shirt tugged at my necklace, irritating my skin. I needed to do something. Being hypnotised by a fake rainbow isn't doing something even though my heart longed for it to be. As I stood up I hitched up my high waisted denim shorts and placed my sunglasses on my head holding back my slight curls from the day before. I smiled remember the waffles, the movies and the beach which Mabel insisted on going to for an hour till I gave in. Thank god I gave in. The aqua waves rolling over onto the sandy shore was the calmness I need but the wild that took over my heart. Gently slipping on my low cut white converse I glance in the mirror smiling for once at my cute attire and mood. My makeup was simple like my room and the little flash from my long eyelashes made my lips curl at the side. Placing the key in my pocket I grinned as I grabbed my long board from underneath my bed. It's faded yellow wheels reminded me of the days I'd spend constantly riding the board, satisfied with the sound of the wheel turning on the concrete. The front door was already locked so I sneaked out the side past the side garden filled with white roses. I'd sit here days on end on the pale grey seat my nose stuffed with the beautiful aroma. I kissed the little sculpture as I passed by, clicking the wooden side gate open easily. This is where my online schooling was an advantage. I would have majority of the streets quiet and along due to most teenagers being in a public or private school. I rounded the corners of each street, my phone gently playing out some ed sheeren or Coldplay. The breeze was the classic summer breeze you wished you could feel everyday of your life, it's soft, cool but warm air brushing against your lips and through your wreckless brown hair. My tips of my soft hair touched by the sun with blonde strands softly ombréd through it. The sound of the wheels rolling along the asphalt gently relax me while swerving around on the road. I usually rode around the area in a different pattern to last turning down the random streets, to the court and back a few times but maybe I could go further then last time... Looking up at the small hill I feel a smirk come across my calm face. I pick up my board, my fingers scraping against the sandpaper surface and run pushing my legs faster up the hill. Looking down I realised that it was safer then I had originally thought only being slightly steep with grass at the end for a perfect landing. Looking around down the street I hope to see no one. Ugh shit.
The boy I had seen well crashed into in the mall was skateboarding with his friends coming straight at me. I cringe a little at the situation before quickly putting my little butt down on the board like I used to when I was 11.

"Hey! Wait! I saw you at the mall! Hold up!" His faint cry pushes me over the edge and I'm rolling at a increasingly fast speed down the wind picking up through my hair back and my shirt blowing or behind me. I could hear the wheels of their boards following I grunt annoyed. I just wanted to get away, yeah he was hot and seemed kind but I'm weird, it would never work out and why would it. I push my hand down on the edge of the right side of the board zipping past my safe landing spot, my organs screaming a little at the possibility of things going very badly. At least I knew these street and the secrets it held, being alone what else would I do rather then explore the streets and draw my own map of the area mentally into my head. An alley was at least 10 meters down here if only I could dodge the scattered glances of the boys who hadn't even turned the corner. ew what was I even doing? Running like a weirdo. Three poles stand side by side with bands of blue paint around the sides symbolising the alleyway, I slightly breath a relief. My mission was simple pick up my board and dash to the security of the small lane covered in street art and graffiti. Execution was prime in this moment and one muck up or second wasted I would have to face these boys.
"And go!" I whispered to myself dashing from the landing point into the beautiful alley smiling. I stood past the entry my back pressed against the cold, stone wall, the wheels growing louder in the crunch of random stones and softness of the road. Rolling past me I try not to snicker at my talent of escaping situations I didn't want to be in, recalling the moment I didn't want to meet Ma's sister. I had said hello and just sprinted the wild eyes of an 11 year old screaming in a weird satisfaction. "Ab, get back here!" Ma yelled to me as I ran out the front door and into the rose garden which Ma still to this day didn't realise that I held deeply in my chest. The white petals where touched with dew rolling down their shape. I hid behind the big tree next to the flowers, for a long time.
Chuckling to myself I walked down touching the uneven wall as I walked through the dark alley still smiling. A hand grabs onto my shoulder startling me, at its tight but gentle grasp.
"Please just wait." Shocked to see the face of the boy somehow who'd found me after my whole entire plan. God he was a very attractive specimen. I snap out of it and nod slowly.

"I'm lucky I'm not a good skateboarder because I recognised those eyes on the hill and after the other day's umm stitch up I wanted to give you my number... so please just wait." I stood still my whole body frozen, my legs shaking in anticipation but no movement apart from the gentle vibrations of being nervous. He cocked his head to the side gently looking into my eyes like he was gonna rip out the soul of me.

"Sorry to be rude but are you deaf..?" I tried not to blink too much in surprise, god what even was happening. I burst out laughing as I pull out my phone from my pocket which was still playing a soft tune of Coldplay.

"No I'm not, just well shy.." he joined in laughing as he made a new contact. Growing quiet his hands slowly started typing in his number. He hummed quietly in the most soothing voice I had heard to the melodies of Yellow. Nope Ab, no falling for you. He smiled passing me back my phone.

"Music lover?"

"Yeah I'd like to think so.."

"Favourite Artist at the moment..?"

"Mmmmmm that's hard" I said smiling for once. "I can't choose."

"The boys will take ages to realise I'm missing, do you wanna sit or do anything?" He rubs the back of his neck again with his hands, I try not to freeze up again but sit slowly crouching down before seating myself on the cobblestone. He beams this smile and sits besides me.

"I've never really had to run after a girl, well literally and skating.."

"Glad I could help to add that to your experiences." I murmur quietly, causing him to turn to me smiling.

"Well, now that I've finally got you in one spot maybe I should introduce myself, I'm Zach Herron, 16."

"Abigail Wilson, 16 as well"

____________________________________
And here it begins in an alleyway :)

I don't know whether to make it as realistic as possible or put more chapters like this in that make the situation different to most experiences..

Also sorry this chapter may have been confusing because I suck at describing things sometimes 😂

Have a good dayyy babesssss xxxx

Alluring Heart xx