16; friends

Zach's P.O.V:

I sadly put my phone down after scrolling through Abigail and I's past texts, I kept repeating the texts out loud that she'd sent, "we are just friends" was that the way she felt about me? Wait what was I even thinking about of course she would never like me in that way. Ugh she was driving me crazy and I knew it. I wanted to hate the feeling but I didn't I just kept feeding it. I kept texting her, I kept hanging out with her. I'm over analysing things when I don't need to, I'm smiling when I'm on my phone, I'm daydreaming of her. What the fuck is happening to me? I look up at the boys it was only 6:45pm but maybe I could just go to bed and lay there thinking about it all.

"Okay fellas I'm off to bed." I say standing off the scratchy couch. I can see all their weird faces about my remark but I just ignore them circling around the couch and then up the stairs. I couldn't even be bothered getting changed so I just pulled off my shirt climbing in with my jeans still gripped around my legs. The pillow against my face was the amazing sensation I needed but the door creaked a little breaking it.

"Zach..?"

"Yes Corbyn?" I muffle into my pillow my face now squashed into the material.

"Are you okay? You seemed pretty upset when you left-"

"I'm fine."

"Is it about Abigail..?" I turn and look at him with the sassiest look I could but I was too tired for it so I let my head drop and whispered yes to him.

"Hey it's alright, did you have a fight?"

"No. It's just.. ugh don't worry it's dumb"

"Zach. Everything I do is dumb, I highly doubt what you feel is dumb." I stifle a little snicker and smile remembering the moment when he started crossing the road when it was the other direction's lights beeping, lucky for Jonah that day....

"Corbyn. I'm glad I'm gonna tell you because you'd probably be the only person who'd actually understand." He nods but I can see his eyes widen a little maybe scared he won't be able to respond to what I'm about to say.

"Bean, I can't stop thinking about her and it's pissing me off so much because I know she doesn't like me back and the more I think about it the more I overreact." I feel the silence rise into the air as I drop my head again. I should just get over it but I can't.

"Zach. I have 4 words for you."

"What are the words-"

"You. Are. Into. Her." I groan pushing the pillow into my face I told myself I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't wreck something so innocent and beautiful like I had in the past. I told myself not to make any weird moves but I did, I put my hand on her freaking leg!

"Why is that a bad thing."

"BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT ME!" He falls off the bed backwards but a smile doesn't escape onto my face I just stare dead to where he was.

"Okay I understand! But how do you know this!?"

"SHE TOLD JONAH SO!" I could hear a few footsteps coming up the hallway, ugh why did I yell. Daniel rushes in his eyes widening at Corbyn on the ground. His hand lingers out pointing at him but stares deep into my soul because that's what his blue eyes do.

"Zach you didn't..."

"No daniel, I fell off the bed."

"Thank god. Now what's all the yelling 'bout!?"

"Daniel. I'm into Abigail."

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

Abigails's P.O.V:

I tossed and turned, I rolled and fidgeted the sheets bunching up at my waist. Was he more then I had thought, did my heart really want to be "just friends"? Well after rereading what I had said it obviously seemed like that but I don't think I felt that way anymore. He was kind, he was caring, he was fun, he was just amazing and I knew that Mabel was right I did like him. I felt my heart squeeze at my realisation, it tugged and pushed for so long but it was still just crumbling at the fact that I knew he didn't feel the same way back. It had been a few months since we'd met and I can't believe initially I ran away, what a chicken. Maybe that's what I really was. A chicken. I was running away from my emotions. I needed to be logical though.

Popular attractive famous boy likes shy nerdy unknown girl. It just seemed so wrong. Like it wasn't meant to be but still my heart nagged at my brain telling it that we were meant to be more. Why was I doing this to myself!? I was literally torturing myself till I went crazy. Well to be honest I already was crazy. And it was for Zach. When he places his hand on me I can feel the electricity I never ever felt with Jarred. It feels weird, well kind of addictive. It was the strangest concept and I had never thought or felt it before. I looked at the time it was 10:02pm, who would be up. I couldn't even think. Maybe if I just put a subtle post on Instagram, I hadn't posted in a week anyways... I opened the app on my phone scrolling for a cute photo, I smiled at the one reminding me of that late night and quickly typed a little caption in before hitting post.

 I opened the app on my phone scrolling for a cute photo, I smiled at the one reminding me of that late night and quickly typed a little caption in before hitting post

I try not to giggle at the stupid little comments the began to appear that the boys left and sent a heart to Corbyn. The following I had gained from them was ridiculous and I can't believe I did nothing at all to achieve anything. I feel as though now I have it that's the thing I don't like, it was never the fake people it was how much actually was achieved. Once again I was probably overthinking it. I groaned again replaying the memories of the messages I'd sent and then Zach and I eating pizza. I just wished maybe he would feel the same as I do. Wishing is all I do though, nothing ever comes true.

_________________________________
TBH this is kind of a depressing chapter :(

I think I like it how it fits though ahaha and the picture that took me forever but looks (well I think) really cool!

Other then that I still have like nothing to say...

So Have a good dayyy babbesss xxxx
Alluring Heart xx