12; split

I inched closer to his body making my skin bubbling with fear and excitement, the tartan rug bunching up at the sides. He turned his head slowly his eyes flickering from mine down to my lips.  My breath was quickening, his hand slowly resting below my ear, his thumb caressing my cheek ever so slowly as our breaths mingling. He was slow and soft, his pink lips pressing against mine stealing my heart and air but was comforting in ways that words would never be.  I ran my fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between us and the beating of his heart was against mine. His hands moving along my hips but cold crisp air hits my mouth in a flash,

"Ab...."

"AB!!! ABIGAIL!!!" I slowly opened my lids just an inch to see Pa's old face close to mine, his moustache tickling my face.

"Pa... stop... PA. WHAT. WHY ARE YOU HERE!??!!" My body launched forward my covers wrapped around me tightened.

"What do you mean 'why are you here?'. It's my home."

"Where's.. wait what.. I was asleep?" He nods slowly, but if I was home where was Zach? My mind was running, slower then usual because of my lack of sleep but still felt like it was running a marathon. If I was just asleep then wait. It wasn't the nightmare, it wasn't the nightmare! I feel a scream erupt from my throat forcing Pa to cover his ears stepping back from the bed.

"OASHDANADJNKLDNMSCDND,MSANXSAK PA! I CANT BELIEVE IT!" I jump flipping all the bed sheets on the dusty floor, bouncing all over my bed and then springing off the end, running around dancing. I had a dream! It was a dream, and it was an amazing dream. What changed? From sleepless nights that consumed my body from the past 8 years to the best possible dreams of his lips pressed against mine- I freeze. Did I really just have a dream of Zach kissing me, no, that can't be possible, we were friends, I was just with him, well I thought I was... where is he now?

"If you'd stop screaming, I'd like to talk."

"Sorry Pa, I'll stop."

"I woke you up because you have school like right now as it's 10:30 so get a move on or we won't let you out again, even if he is a good boy." 10:30?!?! I'm usually up and finished school by now. I don't even remember getting home last night but I remember the moments before crystal clear. I turn around in my bed a little shocked at the fact it is the next day and I have to do stuff.

" Also thought I should let you know that when you got home very late, that boy still carried you up the stairs and placed you into bed as you'd dozed off. without a struggle" I could feel the flush come to my face, imagining myself falling asleep was disgusting and in front of Zach, it was a whole different story. I texted Zach thanking him for his kind deeds and an awesome night and also Mabel informing her on my Instagram Page before slipping into some furry slippers. I still felt my own excitement waving off my body from the slight fact that I didn't have a nightmare. I felt calm inside like I had finally gotten the peace I needed and who would have thought, through Zach. It made my veins buzz in a weird way like I wanted to spend more and more time with the boy whom already had Ma and Pa hooked. My concentration was a different story to how I felt, it was everywhere from random thoughts to recalling memories to daydreaming about things such as food. I wanted to post pictures on my new Instagram, go for a skate, call Mabel, sit in the rose garden, bake some cookies; not work out the square root of numbers or write a literature review. I tapped my pen a lot, my feet moving softly to the music I had turned down lower then usual hoping for a struct of concentration to hit me.

I could see my phone vibrating against the table with an incoming call but I had to finish, self control Abigail. I tapped my fingers slowly against the table the wood making a small noise.