3; dark night

Laying awake I stare at the ceiling wishing it was the stars, their blinding presence bringing people together. The stars were what kept me close when lost and okay when it really wasn't. Nightmares, consumed every inch of my body every night, waking in sweat pools or tears. Never telling a single soul about them was tiring but who would understand the fact that I had been having the same nightmare since I was 8. They used to cease to exist but the older I got the more it returned to my head during my slumbers. Dark circles appeared more and more purple as the sleep dwindled in hours and now every night is taken over with the same god damn nightmare. I'm stuck in the same spiral staircase and no matter if I go up or down holding onto the beautiful, sleek, black railing I'd keep coming back to the same spot. A light bulb overhead shines overhead, and it's the only light in the whole place. The building or room, I had no idea which was filled with the same bone chilling scream and raspy breathing and I used to run down or up each step trying to help or find. I'd scream back till my throats was hoarse. My body was slouch down limp onto the original step and I'd cry and cry till I'd wake up surrounded by the pain in the airy atmosphere. I didn't even have to dream it to recall it. Mabel's back lifts gently up and down next to me peacefully, oh how I wished to be able to fall asleep not scared shitless of the nightmare. My phone lights up in my touch. God, 3:54am not again. I mutter slightly under my breath. Massaging my temples again I lay down under the warm sheets and try to think of something different or remotely far off...

❀❀❀❀❀

I underestimated my mind after thinking about it for over 3 hours in the early morning. The nightmare was different and it scared me why would it change slightly after all these years. It started out the same but instead of trudging up or down the steps like I used to I sat down in triumph but the blood curdling screams didn't fill the empty air.
It was the boy.
He kept repeating things
"hey, wait!"
Or
"what a weirdo!" And even sometimes just a laugh that scared me to death freezing my body to the polished wood underneath me. His voice was like a rose so beautiful but would cause pain. My body sits up right as I pant, it's 9am. 5 hours sleep ughhhhh. Whispering and slightly shaking Mabel I place my feet above the ground before touching the cold floor. A delicious scent was mixed in the room somewhere wafting up from the kitchen. Ma must have gone all out for Sunday Breakfast. Happy Pa, Happy me.

"God I love your Ma." Mabel murmurs breathlessly her hair in the cutest messy bun I'd seen making me feel a pang of jealousy at the fact mine never work. She brushed the sleep out of her eyes and then grabbed my hand as we tiptoed down the creaking stairs, giggles muffled. Catching a glimpse I squeal loosing our cover.

"WAFFLES!"

"OH MY GOD YUMMM!"

Not much consists of breakfast but the shallow greetings and happiness that radiates of us just from the simple thing in life called Waffles.

____________________________________
Short chapter!!!!!!

I didn't have many ideas for this chapter and I'm not ready to pull anyone new only in chapter 3!

It's 1am which is cool because like Abigail I don't sleep very well minus the nightmares :)

Have a good dayyy babbesssssa xxx

Alluring Heart xx