7; mystery

The fresh smell of deliciously crusted pizza made my mouth water and kept my stomach from doing somersaults from my nerves. My mind kept buzzing with millions of thoughts, would they like me? what if Zach didn't want to be friends after this? WHAT IF I'M BORING-

"They'll love you I promise." I smile warmly but continue to bite my lip and the inside of my cheek, he jabbed the keys into the door and began to turn the door squeaking open, I could hear small movements but not the loud screaming or chaotic mess Zach has described to me while waiting in line. He told me little things about them but he seemed more interested in me but I didn't have much to share. I could hear a slight confused whimper from Zach as he pushed the big wooden door behind us, the air produced blowing at my ankles.

"Where are they... I told them I was bringing you-"  

"HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" I felt the shock register on my face before I could hide it a quickly flinching, flinging my body backwards. 4 boys jumping out from different areas of the massive kitchen and living room was not what I had expected. A small smile played to Zach's lips, I guess he gets this a lot. They continued screaming but swarmed into me all giving me hugs.

"oh my god so lovely to meet you!"

"hi abigail! you bought pizza!"

"good to see you again"

"hey cutie" the curly haired boy loudly whispered as he winked before the blonde haired one who had delivered the letter elbowed him in the rib causing an outrage of pain to escape his lips. I felt overwhelmed but the boys already seemed comfortable with me as the tall one had already grabbed the box out of my hand the rest running after him

"QUICK GET HIM"

"JONAH WILL EAT IT ALL IN 30 SECONDS" I stifle a laugh before looking back at Zach who was already gleaming at me.

"I'm sorry they um were um- like they, ugh they are just crazy. Sorry"

"Don't worry about it, seriously, I already like them" he fist pumps the air making me laugh

"YES THANK YOU LORD."

"why would it even matter that much" I laugh jokingly

"because I want to hang out again." I feel my chest lower

"We haven't even hang out yet! what happens if you don't like me or-"

"I like you. I already know you are a good person" I felt the colour rushing to my face, the feeling of inclusion was rare to me but this was different this was like my heart was falling out of my chest, it was like I could actually fly through the clouds with gorgeous white wings attached to my own back, my pink sundress flying out behind my body. I stare into his eyes, the cute brown eyes staring deeply back into mine, was he captured in my vision like he was in mine?

"umm guys..? come on?" the blonde haired boy was looking at us his glare switching from each of our faces, his hair hanging low on his eye.

"sorry we are coming!" Zach screams grabbing my hand, walking at a quick speed. I could feel the literal sparks and flow of electricity connecting our veins. Don't do it Abigail, don't let your heart break again.

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

The pizza didn't even last. The soft cheese falling into my mouth and the sweetest of the pineapple lasted like a short minute. They were definitely correct about Jonah. He ate like I don't even know how to describe it but it was like he didn't even breathe, like food was really his oxygen. I learnt their names too.