24; lyrics

Zach's P.O.V:

The air was hot but pumping, the buzz of the crowd drumming on my heart but I was ready. Last night had been one of the worst but best nights of my life and I hadn't calmed down yet. The thought of her pushing back into my lips when I took one of the thought to be biggest risks of my life bought a bigger smile to my face as we sat on the worn down couch backstage. Abigail's face was gleaming with the energy too but when I looked into her ocean eyes I could see the exhaustion tearing down her walls. I knew this tour was wearing her out steadily but she still tried to be happy majority of the time even though she was nearly out of puff. I knew I had to move soon to make the performance with a warmup but I didn't want to move. People walked past putting final touches into place and trying to get to places. The boys had been wandering past quietly all saying a sharp hello before continuing. Except Jonah. He kept raising his eyebrow at me like he knew it had happened, like he knew I had kissed her, like he knew I stayed in her room but still I just looked away probably bringing more suspicion to myself.

"15 minutes to showtime!" I could hear someone yelling, I loved performing but I didn't want to move I just wanted to stay with my head on her shoulder talking about my FaceTime with Reese that had happened half an hour ago, she was gently laughing but I knew she was distracted from her eyes. As well for being tired Ab was obviously shaken up from her dad's harassment yesterday. 911 had apparently made it, dealing with him and ended up taking him to a cell for the night as he was intoxicated in liquor. A large shading of purple was covering her cheek, her eye slightly swollen and when I'd touch it she'd wince before saying that I had just scared her and it didn't hurt but I could tell the pain she was in. Apart from my red split lip I had darkish bruises over my jaw and other parts of my face causing many of the fans to get upset in the meet and greet. I knew why Ab wanted to help me yesterday and I should have let her but on the other hand I was in love with her. I smirk at the thought as more people run around, she was actually the best but I didn't know what to do now that I'd kissed her. I know how she feels about things being overly cheesy and cringy and I had laid awake next to her for most of the night trying to think of something she'd like for me to do next.

"Zach, warmup now." I look up to see Corbyn standing right over me and Abigail shrugging me off, I groaned before jumping to my feet.

"I'll be back-"

"You won't be, you have to perform. I'll see you after" my smile drops, this was one of the first times I didn't want to perform and it was all because of her. I could hear Corbyn walking away singing 'hooked on a feeling' making me groan as they had all worked out how much I was into her and constantly was making fun of me. She walked up to me looking over my shoulder before placing a small peck on my cheek,

"You'll do amazing, we can hang out afterwards I promise" she whispered into my ear as I pulled her waist in placing my head on her shoulder. I sharply intake at being so close to her slim body.

"Can I take you on a date afterwards?" I whispered back kissing her check and feeling the smile forming on her face.

"Please, I'd love to."

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

Abigail's P.O.V:

I watched his every move, his every step, I couldn't even help it. He smiled at all the fans, his jawline sharpening with each lyric to the point I actually thought I'd be able to cut my finger on it. They all jump around the stage, singing their hearts out. Jonah was giving flirty looks to different girls, Corbyn was smiling his gorgeous smile, Jack was acting all badass, Daniel was just being the sweetheart he was and Zach he was being a heartthrob. I wanted to feel his lips pressed against mine as his hands would wrap around me. I brushed over the thoughts continuing watching from side stage. I felt as I was going deaf from the nonstop screaming of teenage girls and the loud music trying to overpower them. They sang out the words of these girls and everyone is crazy, it's something I could never see myself doing but would love to find myself up there one day. I hadn't told the boys I sing, or play instruments, I knew I'd be shit compared to them and I wasn't ready to embarrass myself. It had always been my own personal thing I'd never shared.

"Well I think it's time to, slow it down a little after that" Jonah puffed as the music gradually faded into the electrical sound of invitation, one of my most favourite of the recents.

I need a little casual conversation, girl, with you
And you ain't gotta worry 'bout a thing no more
'Cause baby, I got the keys for us
How about I pick you up at nine?
Meet me outside, baby, it's a vibe
Roll down the windows, we can fly
I can see the stars, baby, in your eyes
And I can't wait no more

I could see Zach's smirk from where I was sitting in the wings and I felt my heart drop as he turned pretending to face Jack but I saw his eyes and his smile on me and I couldn't help but laugh as he started singing.

Baby, 'cause I like you, you like me
Let's just get together
I like you, you like me
You don't need no invitation 'cause
I like you, you like me
Let's just get together
I like you, you like me
You don't need no invitation, girl

My cheeks flushed the colour of crimson as Aspen nudged me saying he was singing to me. I covered my red face in my hands while I tried to stop smiling but it was impossible, how did he have this affect on me? I had known him for nearly 8 months and I had never felt this way before, wondering if my mother could give me a sign that I wasn't crazy or something to show me he was the it guy for me. The song was nearing its end and I was a little sad in my chest, he was singing to me, that's fucking amazing when you think about it. Someone you love with nearly every inch of your heart is also in love with you maybe not as much but enough to happily show it, sounds like a dream. I hear the final last sound of the song and start clapping while the audience goes off, Aspen laughs hugging me over excitement but I feel myself being lifted off the chair and pulled tightly to someone. I don't even have time to respond, the feeling of soft gentle lips pressed against mine, Aspen is screaming, I already know it's Zach, his lingering touch electrifying my skin, the feeling I had always gotten. I can hear Corbyn laughing and jack basically choking, the crowd yelling in confusion. I pull away smiling

"Sorry I couldn't wait till after." he smiled before running back onto stage, getting high fives from all the boys. I can see a few turning heads from the curtain but realise my lipgloss is smudged, shit.

"Sorry just needed a water break urgently" he laughs into the mic, wiping his mouth trying to act but I can see his eyes widen as he notices the lipgloss I burst into laughter, Aspen already off her chair. Jonah tries not to laugh but loses it while Daniel tries to kick the show back into gear after the "detour". I feel Aspen grab my arm clambering back onto the chair,

"Girl you have some explaining to do"

____________________________________
Awwwww how cute is this chapter!?
I can not even process the cuteness of it!!!!

I have changed the titles of all the chapters so if your notifications were spammed with that I apologise, it was just bothering me so muchhhhh!!! Also nearly 200 reads, thanks ;)

Just finally got some chapters done in my imagines and preferences which would be awesome if you checked out xx

Hope you have a gooddd dayyyyyy babessss xxxx
Alluring Heart