27; thalassophile

The sun belt down on my back of Miami Beach, the tan I was going to get was much needed. The tour was coming to an end in 2 and a half weeks, it was only a week and a bit ago that Zach came in stressed and I have still been worried ever since. Oh the way to gigs he would grip my hand so tightly I thought he'd cut of my circulation and at night when he'd sneak into my hotel room he'd have restless sleep, I was worried. I requested a day at the beach and after much manipulation we finally was granted it and Jack was over the moon maybe because he'd get to see Aspen in a bikini. I smirk in my thoughts as we all walk towels draped over our shoulders and Jonah carrying an umbrella. Most of the hickeys had faded away which was good as I would have to wear a bikini and I hadn't heard the end of it from Jack. The beach was packed which wasn't surprising but the dark waves rolling over the sand made up for the lack of space. The sand was red hot underneath my bare feet and boats were off in the distance with their large sails. I sighed at the sight.

"Ooooo this is so exciting! I love the beach" I laugh as Aspen squeals running down the beach looking for a nice spot to sit. Jack is already running after her along with Corbyn and Daniel. I see Jonah smirk at Zach and I before sprinting off down after them leaving us alone. I turn to see his stressed expression and quickly grip his hand as I kiss his cheek gently.

"It's okay, just have fun." He nods as he looks down then at my face which I smile trying to give him confidence. I didn't know whether to make him talk or let him tell me when the time was right. I just couldn't picture this boy being so caught up in anxiety after all the times he'd gotten me through my own stuff. His eyes were slowly beginning to sparkle though at the beach and he slowly squeezed my hand as we walked after the others.

"Do you know what would be great Ab?"

"What?"

"If you went swimming with me."

"Are you only saying that so I take my clothes off" his jaw dropped as his face went bright red realising what I had just said but he nodded making me burst out in laughter. I nod back smiling as we finally reached Jonah who had set up his towel directly underneath the umbrella which had been set up. He winked at Zach, then smirked at me.

"What is your problem Jonah"

"My problem is that you two act like a couple and aren't one. You've probably already made out for longer then 10 seconds for all I know!" We go silent staring at him and at each other I prayed for the colour of my cheeks, I shrugged and laughed a little

"Wait- no you guys didn't!? HOLY SHIT GUYS!"

"What are you on about Jonah?" Zach laughs his eyes staring at me showing signs of helplessness

"That was so funny, did you see his face Zach!?" I try and from the expressions I was getting it was going to plan. This was a secret that was ours for the moment. I can see the sparks of hope die down in Jonah's eyes

"If you ever do I appreciate that I don't have to watch you two shove your tongues down each other's throat." I feel my lips thin out disgusted at his description.

"Well Ab and I are going swimming, you coming?"

"Nah I'll just watch" he says winking at both of us. I try to calm my nerves as I pull off my sundress embarrassed of my body. I had no self control this tour and I had for sure gained heaps of weight and I was not happy. I tried not eating for the past week but it was a struggle with the boys watching you like eagles. I loved Aspen don't get me wrong but I could hardly stand next to her recently because of pity on myself. When I look back at Zach his shirt is off and my My maybe the beach day was just for my personal enjoyment of seeing his toned chest and abs. I quickly wrap my arms around my body without thinking before smiling at Zach who's eyebrows were furrowed. Stepping away I smell the ocean air and the sea enveloping in front of me. We walk away slowly inching closer till I can feel Zach's breath on my arm.