46; skin & bones

Zach's P.O.V:

It's been a month since Abigail and I got back together and even though it's been heaven, the creaks are widening. She and Meredith hit it off quickly and soon Mira joined the whole tribe but Ab wasn't the same as she used to be. When we'd go swimming she'd hang back keeping my large shirt wrapped around her tightly and wouldn't budge even if I tried to drag her in. She wouldn't always be smiling and sassy like she used to be. She'd make food for us which I had definitely missed but she'd say she ate before and wouldn't even have a mouthful.

You had to be blind to see what was going on.

I felt the bed dip underneath me, my eyes fluttering open to see her skinny but still beautiful tanned face standing over me, her ocean eyes piercing into my soul and heart.

"Good morning baby, I bought bagels" she smiles flashing her pearly white teeth. Her long legs were covered in pink leggings and a nice black shirt hung loosely over her slim frame. Nearly perfect as usual.

"Have you had one yet?"

"Uh- of course I ate it on the way here, I couldn't help myself" she laughed half heartedly as she peaked my lips before walking away out the room. I could see right through her lies but what was I to do? How would I help? It's as bad as telling someone they are overweight, they get upset claiming they are fine or they aren't too skinny or brush it off like innocent words. My words had to be deep. I just wanted her better which she was far from.

"Zach!!! Corbyn!!! Gail's got bagels!" I heard the scream thunder up the stairs from Jonah's deep voice. I watched Meredith tip toe out Corbyn's door quietly making her way to the kitchen from my wide open door. What was I to do? She had them fooled. I closed my eyes again but only mere seconds later a tap laced around my room.

"Um hey bud, I was wondering if we could have a chat..?" My opens again in a flash Corbyn's messy head standing at the door, I nodded slowly leaning up in the still warm bed.

"I know I have no right to say but I need to. Have you ummm seen Abbey's... weight..?"  His eyes looked up scared like I was, maybe I was wrong, did he see what I saw? I cough awkwardly

"What do you mean?" I say rubbing my hands through my hair, grabbing the shirt on my bedside table.

"Well as I said I shouldn't really be saying anything but she's not okay Zach. Her ribs stick out, her cheeks are carving in, her shoulders are small and her collar bones are sticking out against her skin so much. I'm worried, I haven't seen her eat anything since I left the hospital nearly 31 days ago....

I think She's sick.." he whispered my eyes focusing on his, the fear running around in his irises. I didn't want to think it but I knew it was true.

"Corbyn.. I know, I don't know what to do" Shakily my breath hitched as I stood up beside him.

"It's-"

"Boys! Get up! Bagels-" Jack's mop of curls swung around the door freezing at the sight of Corbyn and I standing weirdly in my room, his mouth jutted open to say something but quickly shut shaking his head and putting his thumb over his shoulder indicating the kitchen which we both nodded at, following. Jack slowed down, Corbyn skipping ahead but I didn't watch as Jack put his hand on my shoulder,

"I can see in your eyes it's about B, I'm worried too." He whispered into my ears before we turned another corner to the kitchen. I sighed walking into the large area, everyone was seated everywhere, Jonah in the book window- Daniel, Corbyn and Meredith on the Couch- Petra over at the table talking to her across the room. I looked at Abigail's face and it broke me to recall how it once was. Her eyes used to glow with a sparkle, her amazing personality that so easily brought her to laugh and show affection towards everyone. Now her once soft skin was stretched over her skull, her hair so dull.

She wasn't just thin, she was scary thin.
She was starving herself.

I couldn't bear to see her like this anymore, how far would she be from being hospitalised? I felt a tear slip but I quickly wiped it with my sleeve. Sitting at the table a little way from Jack and Petra.

"Hey are you okay?" I looked up from the boney hand with the small bagel placed on a plate in her fingers.

"I..." I looked over and saw Jack's eyes sternly nodding, he was right I had to do something

"No I'm not okay. We need to talk. Privately" fear gripped her eyes as I stood around the table grasping onto her small hand. I walked around the bench grabbing an apple, a granola bar and a slice of pizza which (concerning) was left on the bench. The door slide close behind us, a word not passing between us as I continued tugging her outside to the large rocks at the back of our yard. Gently pushing her onto one of the rocks her eyes flickered up at my open hands with the smallest apple out of them on the bench placed exactly in the middle.

"Ab, eat it."

"Um Zach I ate a bagel like 15 minutes ago, I'm full-"

"No you are not, eat it please." She gulped slowly as my eyes sternly flowed into hers, she whimped slightly.

"I- don't want it."

"Please I'm begging you... Abigial take a bite" I sigh before she shoved it away angrily stomping back towards the house. Man I fucked up. Again.

She stormed into the house, I tried keeping up but it's hard when a girls angry. She kept muttering to herself worrying me.

"Abbey what happened?" I watched Meredith slide off the couch at the sound of the door and angry footsteps echoing through the now silent room.

"Nothing Meredith. I'm leaving" she hissed She grabbed her stuff off the kitchen bench

"Ab please can we just talk." Whinging her hand left the handle of our massive wood door.

"No zach why would you do thatttt" her voice slurred.

"Ab are you okay..?" She blinked rapidly leaning closer to me, her hands dropping everything she was holding.

"I- uh- I-"

"Gail's are you good?" Jonah said stepping behind me as she kept blinking, her head moving in subtle circles like she was dizzy.

"Zach grab her." He whispered. Outstretched I grabbed her tiny wrists tugging her into me, her body collapsing, eyes shutting so quickly as if the lights were out. She couldn't have, no. How long has she been like this?

"No no no no! Ab please don't" she shook in my arms as I picked her up with Jonah taking her to the couch.

"What do we do?!" Jonah screamed, I could hardly breath.

"Ab please wake up, just for a little bit at least" I whispered kissing her neck.

"Zach get out of the way!" Petra yelled grabbing the vase with flowers ripping them out and holding it above Abigail's head.

"What? No-" the water hit her face, a gasp erupting from her throat, body shaking, sitting up. Her eyes blinked staring at us panting.

"This is is it. Family discussion right now." Jonah yelled.

____________________________________
Yooooooo my friends!!! I'm back!

I know I've been gone for so long I've just seriously had no enthusiasm to write and I didn't know where to go.

THANK YOU FOR 2K HOLY MOTHERTRUCKER DUDES I FELL OFF MY SEAT WHEN I FOUND OUT!

This is also terrible I'm sorry,

Have an awesome day my babes xxx
Alluring Heart xx