Can I Have This Dance (21 - Exclusive Chapter)

Can I Have This Dance?

Chapter 21

"Can everyone please approach the stage," Mrs. Wilson, the head of our grade shouted through the microphone.

I reluctantly pulled out of Alex's arms and strolled over to the front of the stage, pulling Alex with me.

"Can the nominees for prom king and queen please come onto the stage," Mrs. Wilson asked

"Nicki, I have to go up, I'll see you later," Alex said giving me a quick kiss on my cheek before leaving.

"Alright, we should have all of the nominees up, but I'm going to read them anyway. The nominees for prom king are Aaron Barlow, Aiden Arthur and Alex Zeakeal. The nominees for prom queen are Clair Barlow, Stephanie Moses and Nicki Alab," she introduced.

When I heard my name I froze completely confused as to why she called out my name.

"Where's Nicki Alab?" Mrs. Wilson called out, the lights searching for me.

"She's right here!" Emily called out, holding my hand up.

"What are you doing, who nominated me?" I asked confused as she pulled me towards the stage.

"We did," Amber answered from behind me, with the rest of the girls.

I got on the stage as Mrs. Wilson ushered me to stand with the other nominees, glaring at Emily who just smiled whispering,

"You'll thank me later."

"OK, since everyone is here......the senior prom king is....................Alex Zeakeal!" she announced placing the crown on his head, while the crowd cheered and whistled.

"And the senior prom queen is..................," she started as Clair started walking up to claim her crown, stopping in her tracks when she Mrs. Wilson announced

"Nicki Alab!!" causing me to freeze again as Clair just glared at me, repositioning her self.

"Hurry up please, we haven't got all day!" Mrs. Wilson urged, causing me to quickly rush to the front of the stage as she placed the tiara on my head softly.

"Give it up to your senior prom queen and king!" she said lastly before walking into the background so that we could give our speeches.

"Well, I just want to say thanks to everyone who voted for me, especially my girls who nominated me secretly since I had no idea. Thank you everyone!" I said again smiling before Alex put his arms around my waist and put the mic towards him.

"Well I just want to say thanks everyone for voting me and my girl, senior prom king and queen. I hope this pleases you," Alex said winking at them before bending me over and kissing me passionately.

I was surprised but managed to kiss his back as he supported my back so that I didn't fall on the floor. The crowd cheered again and I could hear my girls screaming extremely loudly. All of a sudden I felt my shoulders being pulled down causing me to fall on my back.

I opened my eyes to see Alex glaring at someone behind me,

"What the f*** Clair?!" he shouted at I guess Clair.

I turned around and saw her glaring at both of us, as I felt myself being lifted from the floor.

"Alex can you watch your language!" Mrs. Wilson warned

"I don't give a sh**, Clair what the f*** is your problem?!" Alex shouted at her as the crowd went silent.

"I will take that crown off you Mr. Zeakeal!" Mrs Wilson warned again