Road to my past - Adam

Jen pov:

I took a long sip of my wine. Took a deep breath. And started talking.

Before we started dating. We were good friends. We met at the age of 14. He just started at our school. He sat next to me in class.
So the more time we spended together the closer we got.
We fell in love. And at 16 we started dating.
We both were popular. And we were the most popular couple.
But for some reason. Olivia started to like Adam.
Every time we went out together. Olivia, Adam and I. I caught Olivia flirting with Adam. But it didn't bother me. Cause I trusted Adam. I knew he loves me enough not to do anything. Or so I thought.
I was still a virgin. And I wanted to wait till I was ready.
And Adam took his popularity too serious and wasn't too fond of the idea of me waiting.
He kept asking me every time we made out. And I kept saying no.
I want to wait.
And one night he just kept asking and asking and I snapped at him. I got so mad at him. That I told him to go do it with someone else if he wants to do it so badly. But I wasn't thinking what I was saying. I just wanted him to stop pushing me into something I wasn't ready for.
So he left that night after I told him that. And after that night. He stopped hanging out with me. Always making excuses not to be with me. At school he pretended everything was ok. But as soon as I asked him if he is coming over to my house. He had an excuse.
And Olivia did the same. So I got suspicious. And then El came up with this plan to caught them. We threw a party. Invited them both. But El told them I won't be there I'll be in L.A. for college stuff.
And at the party he brought Olivia with him.
They were downstairs for about 5 minutes and then went upstairs.
And I followed them.
And that's where I caught them. In the jackets closet. Doing it.
I was so shocked. I couldn't say anything. I just stood there. In shock.
He didn't say anything. But Olivia just said. I'm sorry Jen. And she ran off.
And then Adam walk towards me and said. It's over.
And he walked away.
And the next thing I remember was El standing behind me. With her arms wide open. Catching me. I fainted.
After 10 minutes. I woke up in my room. And El asked me if I'm ok.
And then it hit what happened. I started crying.
I stayed in my room. I didn't speak to anyone. I just laid on my bed starring at the walls.
Not crying. Not talking. Nothing.
I'm responsible for what happened. I told him to go do it with someone else. It was my fault. I blamed myself for what happened.

Jake- Jen. It wasn't your fault. Adam should have respected what you wanted and if he really loved you, he would have waited and stopped pushing you. It's not your fault he was a jerk.

Jen- I know.

Jake- Do you still love him?

Jen- I'm over Adam.

Jake- So what happened next?

Jen- After 3 weeks my sister dragged me out of bed. And she was shaking me. Telling me to snap out of it. But I wasn't responding.
So she slapped me 3 times. And I responded. She pushed me in the shower and turned on the cold water. That was the coldest shower I've ever had.
But it brought me back to reality. So she gave me the speech of me wanting to be a doctor. And I graduated and went to college in L.A.

Jake- You went to college in L.A.?

Jen- Yes. It's not near here. And I know I wouldn't see Adam and Olivia together. It was a new page for me. And I looked forward to it.

Jake- That makes sense. So what happened next?

Jen- Before I tell you this. I need you to keep this glass of wine full.

Jake- Ok.

So this was it. I'm finally going to talk about this. About him. Bryan....

*TO BE CONTINUED*