Chapter 21

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Jake asked as he held my hand in the car.

I smiled. "I'm just going to visit Cody, it's not like I'm going to a Rave or something." I laughed.

"I know, I know. I guess I just don't like the idea of being away from you for almost a whole day." He shrugged. "I wish I didn't have to go to work."

I just smiled even wider. "Well," I said as I unbuckled my seat belt. "I promise that when I get home, you'll have me for the whole night."

"I like that promise." He said and leaned in to kiss my lips. I kissed him back.

I pulled away and opened the door to get out. "I'll see you later." I said as I shut the car door behind me. He waved and I waved back.

I entered the hospital and went right for the room I went to yesterday. I had a huge smile on my face because today was going great. I was going to spend the whole day by Cody's side and then later, have some time alone with Jake. I wasn't one of those girls who needed alone time for themselves, I loved spending time with Jake.

I entered the hospital room and stopped at who I saw in front of me. I was not expecting to see Dria and Evan sitting in the chairs beside Cody's bed.

"Stage!" Dria yelled and came up to hug me. I hugged her back but I couldn't really smile. I was in shock. I knew this was going to end badly.

"Hey Dria" I said, giving an awkward smile. I looked over at Evan. "Hey Evan." He gave a small wave and a smile. "When did you guys get here?"

"About 2 hours ago. We got a call from the hospital and got here as soon as possible. We wanted to surprise everyone." Evan said.

I looked over at Cody. "Oh this is such a surprise."

"Good, because we're looking forward to just spending the rest of the break down here with Cody and you! It'll be like old times!" Dria said still smiling. She was usually never this happy but she was probably just trying to keep everything positive because she knew what I had been through. Little did they know there was a lot I was keeping from them, or did Cody tell them?

I looked over at Cody. "So what have you guys been talking about?" I asked casually.

"Just stuff." Cody said shrugging. I knew he probably didn't tell them anything yet. I just wanted to tell them on my own time.

I sat down and began talking to them about random things. Anything that wasn't about Jake, I talked about. I probably sounded entirely stupid but anything was better than me explaining how I started going back out with the guy they all hated.

_____

About an hour into our conversation, I knew I had to either tell them or work a way around them ever seeing Jake till I could get the courage to tell them.

"Sooo where are you guys staying?" I asked.

"Probably a hotel or something. We can come by your parents once and awhile and all hang out." Dria answered.

"Well yo-" I was about to answer when a voice came from the door and I turned around to see someone I dreaded seeing at this point. Everything was about to get a hundred times worse.

"What are you guys doing here?" Jake asked wide eyed and shocked.

"What are we doing here? We came to visit OUR friend." Evan said standing up from his chair. "What are you doing here?"

"Same as you." Jake answered as he walked in. This couldn't be happening.

Evan laughed. "Cody is your friend? What a lie. Cody hates you, we all do. What ever gave you the impression we were your friend?"

Jake looked down at me. "You didn't tell them?"

"Tell us what?" Dria asked confused.

"I didn't think you'd be back before I had to." I said to Jake.

"My boss let me off early when he heard what happened to Cody." Jake replied.

"What the hell is going on?" Evan demanded to know. "I think I already have an idea."

"You two we're going out, weren't you?" Dria said in a upset tone. "I knew you couldn't stay away from him." She said looking at me in almost disgust. She knew how to hurt me.

"No, nothing was going on. It never was and it never will be." Jake said and walked out the door. Dria and Evan looked at me and then I just ran out after Jake.

"Jake!" I called after him in the hallway but he kept walking. "Jake!" I yelled louder but he kept walking. I got my hand on his shoulder and whipped him around. He looked at me in anger. I swallowed hard. "Come back, I'm going to tell them."

"Now you choose to tell them? They already hate me, they'll end up hating you too for not telling them." He replied.

"They need to know sooner or later. I can't keep it from them." I said.

Jake laughed. "You had no problem doing that before? How about instead of pretending, this time it can be real. I can just leave back to my house and you can go get your stuff. You can go back to your parents and friends and not have to lie about me anymore."

I looked at him in shock and hurt. Was he serious? "After everything, your actually considering this?"

"I'm not considering, I'm tell you what's going to happen. I hate people someone everyone hates or doesn't trust. I clearly don't deserve you after what I did and every has made that pretty clear. I'll never be able to take any of it back and just being around them and you makes me realize that. I don't deserve a second chance." He said looking away. "I never did."

"They can't tell you if you deserve me or not? I think I can decide that. I don't care what they say." I said trying to put a smile on my face to lighten up the mood but it didn't work. My smile wouldn't stay because I knew this wasn't going to end well by the look of Jake's face.

"But I do!" He said looking at me with pain in his eyes. "I care what all of them say. They hate me and nothing will change that. I'm just a terrible person."

"No you're not. Just come bac-" He interrupted me.

"You're not getting what I'm saying." He said looking down. He looked up and sighed. "I don't want to be that person your family and friends hate because of the terrible ways I've treated you. I can't live my life knowing they all hate me and I'm reminded every time I see them. I can't just ignore them either." I felt tears springing in my eyes. I knew where he was going with this. "I will always love you Stage but I'm not right for you, I never will be." He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. "Come get your stuff when your ready or Cody can. Bye." He said and walked away. All I could do was stare at him walking away. I coudn't yell or scream. I was crying but I couldn't even move.

________________________________________________________________________________

Note: Kind of short but I wanted to get something up for now! I promise the next one will be long! :D Okay so let me know what you think and don't forget to vote, comment, and fan!