↳ 49: BROOM CLOSET

"HMM, THIS IS WEIRD," FREYA'S face scrunched as she read the note that was delivered to her by an unknown owl during breakfast.

         Sirius, sitting next to her, asked with mouth full of pancakes, "Why, what does it say?" He chewed as he leaned towards Freya to look at the note.

         "It says that McGonagall wants to talk to me," said Freya, unsureness laced in her voice.

         "What's weird with that?" Remus asked from across her. He rose his eyebrow as he cut his bacon delicately. How Remus could be so feminine but still look masculine was beyond anyone's idea.

         "When did she ever summon students using owl messaging?" Freya questioned. She folded the paper then placed it in her robes.

          "Maybe she's lazy?" Lily suggested with a shrug. "And by the way, where's James?"

          Remus and Sirius shrugged, knowing the question was directed to them. Remus was the one to answer, "I think he's with Peter — both of them aren't here."

          Lily's face scrunched but nevertheless continued eating. Freya, then, stood up, "Well, seems like I have to go. See you lot in class."

          As Freya was lifting her leg off the seats, Sirius held her hand back, "Want me to come with you?" His mouth was still stuffed with food and Freya couldn't help but giggle.

          "I'm good, finish your food. I'll see you later."

          Sirius nodded and let her hand go, "Okay."

          Freya went to her feet and exited the Great Hall. She hurried to the fourth floor where McGonagall's office was located. As she was walking, she couldn't stop thinking of all the potential reasons that the Head of Gryffindor wanted to see her. She hadn't cause any harm or crime for her to get a scolding and she most certainly isn't excelling that much in her studies for her to get a praise.

          Her mind went to her and Froyce's fight two weeks ago and her heart thumped. That was probably it. News went out and after two weeks, it finally reached McGonagall's ears. What if Froyce was already in her office? The haven't talked for a full month now and she didn't want their first speaking terms to be in front of McGonagall.

          But then again, if it was about the fight, shouldn't Sirius and Regulus be called as well? They had a bigger fight after all. And of course, James and Lily since they were Head Boy and Head Girl.

          Freya neared the office and she was getting anxious by the minute. But then, she felt a hand grab her arm and the next thing she knew, she was dragged in a dark, cramped room.

          "What the —" her next words were muffled when a hand went and covered her mouth. As an instinct, Freya started trashing around while the person who was holding her tried to not remove his one hand on her mouth and tried to close the door with his other.

          When the door clicked to a lock, the person let her go, and Freya immediately kicked the person's knee. "Argh! Merlin, Freya!"

          Freya instantly recognized the voice. "Holy Salazar, James!?"

          "Shh!" James' hand went back to her mouth again and his delivery was in a hiss, "Keep quiet!"

          Freya started speaking but James couldn't understand so he removed his hand and her words flew out coherently. "— expect me to keep quiet when you've basically kidnapped me?" Her voice was now in screamed whispers.