↳ 43: TINY VOICE

FREYA FOUND HERSELF AWAKE EARLY at one point after the first week. She felt like she deserved an award as she woke up earlier than Lily did and that was saying something. Though, honestly, she was always awake since they started school. She barely slept. She wanted to blame the education because she just didn't want to admit to herself that she couldn't sleep because she was always tossing around all night in her bed.

          Why, you might ask? James freaking Potter of course.

          It was uncalled for. Especially since she, technically, now had a boyfriend — whom she adore a lot, thank you very much. But the reason she said yes to Sirius was still a blur. Or, ironically, it might actually be clear as day and she just wouldn't accept it.

          Freya Merse was dating Sirius Black to make James Potter jealous.

          And every time that sentence swam around her head, the more she couldn't sleep. Because although she was convinced she very much liked and adored Sirius, which she does, there was still that tiny voice in her head saying, "Yeah, but it's not the main reason you dated him. And you know it."

          The same voice was speaking as Freya's feet dragged her to the Marauder's dormitory after she fixed herself up. Her reason was because she wanted to surprise wake up Sirius. But that annoying tiny voice said those words again, "Yeah, but it's not the main reason you're here. And you know it."

          And that other reason opened the door before she could even enter. "Freya."

          James was shirtless and only in his pajama bottoms. He looked like he just got out of bed but he didn't look like he came out from sleep — Freya would know because she looked the same. She tried miserably not to stare at his abs because she was starting to have the urge to touch them.

          "James," Freya matched James' neutral, formal tone. She, regrettably, gulped a bit from intimidation — and from his abs.

          "What are you doing here?" he cleared his throat, his eyes narrowing a bit in scrutiny.

          "Why do you care?" answered Freya. She tried to sound confident — she think she did — and held her head high.

           James looked appalled. His jaw slightly clench but then he started to take a step forward, "Who said I did?"

           "Then, why ask?" Freya was taking a step back.

           "Because it's unusual for you to stand outside our dormitory at this time of the morning," he kept advancing slowly.

           Freya's feet moved themselves backwards. "It's a lot more unusual that you're awake this early."

           "You know me, Freya," James said, tilting his head slightly. He had stopped moving forward when Freya hit the railing from behind her. He paused before dipping his head down and levelling his eyes with hers. Freya was slowly forgetting how to breathe. "And I know you. So tell me," he dipped down lower. Freya's knees buckled. "Why are you here?"

           Freya's lips quivered. She didn't knew if James had morning breath or not but she couldn't care less. He was one fine specimen and he was seriously pushing her buttons and her patience and her pleasure needs. James was close enough to kiss her and Freya felt as if he was exerting this force that made her want to close the gap.